*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Just popped into the O2 shop in town at lunch time. I'm on a 3GS contract and have just bought a PAYG iPhone 4 from Apple direct.

They're intending to send out micro SIMs to all those who registered interest. You can get this transferred over in the O2 shop. If you didn't get one, you should be able to get one in the shop and they'll port the details over there and then. I expect there may be a queue of course...

Personally? I'm just going to cut mine down to size.

Just popped into the O2 shop in town at lunch time. I'm on a 3GS contract and have just bought a PAYG iPhone 4 from Apple direct.

They're intending to send out micro SIMs to all those who registered interest. You can get this transferred over in the O2 shop. If you didn't get one, you should be able to get one in the shop and they'll port the details over there and then. I expect there may be a queue of course...

Personally? I'm just going to cut mine down to size.
You can also do this: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Well good news on the discount front!

Best friend work at Tesco/Tesco Mobile. Max the PAYG will be price at it £600, maybe £570 as per Oragne? 10% Staff discount, take a nice chunk of money off that price. If I need to I'll change my Simplicity to a staff Tesco SIM offer and basically pay £10 a month in top ups.

EDIT:

Pop onto Tesco's own Simplicity concept, and for £15 a month get 500 min and Unlimited Text and Browsing ( 500mb in small print ).

EDIT :

They will unlock iPhone for £20 pre 12 months, free post.

Last edited:
I've just checked out the Orange prices, I quite like the 18 month £35 per month option.

The fact that they've included the BT Openzone in the 750MB a month data usage doesn't bother me as I hardly ever use BT Openzone. Plus the 16GB phone price is pretty good too.

On a slightly related topic, does anyone know if Visual Voicemail was ever rolled out to Orange iPhone customers? I seem to remember it not being used when they first got the iPhone 3GS but that could have all changed by now.

I wish o2 would hurry up and release their prices!

I think I have worked out what is best value for me to do based on the Orange prices but just want to be 100% sure.

I figure I am going to pay the £100 to get out of my contract and get the early upgrade and then get on to the £35 a month tariff for 18 months and buy the 32gb iPhone.

Based on the Orange prices to get me up to this time next year it will cost £839 vs. the £899 of buying it SIM free.

Current O2 customer here, was wanting to move to 3 (First choice) or Orange (Second choice).

Currently Orange's plans are way better than O2's (Assuming their handset prices are similar), and the idea of Orange Wednesdays is making me lean seriously towards them. Still want to see what see what 3 has to offer first.

I agree O2s plans are shocking unless they announce the phone at a better price.

Im looking at 18months contract i want to pay £35 a month and i want the 32gb iphone.

O2 are offering half the included mins orange are at present on the £35 a month 18 month contract there 24 month contract looks ok but i dont want to buy in for that long.

I might switch to orange.

I know the vodafone ones which went up earlier were taken down but they look far better than orange...

Handset price is a lot cheaper £89 vs. £169 on a £35/month 18 month contract (i think)

Just need them to confirm these prices with an official release :p

AND dont quote me on this but voda say it is £5 extra to go from 24 to 18. In the past I have paid an extra £5 to go down to 12 month... This was due to a member of staff saying they didnt do 12 month contracts, showing me the screen to prove it and i kindly pointed out to him that there was a 12 month option on the screen.... dumb ass :p

Last edited:
If anyones used o2 recycle for their iPhone, can they answer this please, I need to send mine off this evening. Can't phone them at work either :(

Do you literally just send the phone off with o2 recycle? Or do you need the box and cables/plugs sent off as well?

The envelope they sent me would only just fit the phone in :D

On a slightly related topic, does anyone know if Visual Voicemail was ever rolled out to Orange iPhone customers? I seem to remember it not being used when they first got the iPhone 3GS but that could have all changed by now.

Orange are planning on supporting this feature later in this calendar year but no firm date yet.

If anyones used o2 recycle for their iPhone, can they answer this please, I need to send mine off this evening. Can't phone them at work either :(

I'm waiting on my envelope but according to the FAQ you only need to send the phone. They don't require boxes or accessories.

Back
Top Bottom