*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Cross posting here so apologise but not sure it will be seen in the other thread:

Can my girlfriend activate her new phone on my computer (and iTunes) and it have no ties to my computer or my itunes account?

Cheers

No. You can update or restore any iPhone/iPod on any PC, but when you activate it will be set up to work with that iTunes account.

You can "sign out" on the device, but to be honest it's less hassle to wait and use your own PC.

Soldato
Damn my luck. I appear to have camera issues. The on screen shutter doesn't open. Tried switching it off for a while and rebooting but it didn't fix it.

I've checked the internet and this isn't unheard of. May have to get it replaced.

:mad:

Associate
My 2nd iPhone had that camera problem. Worked at first, then showed the shutter screen. Got the camera working once after shaking it, then never worked again. O2 swapped it for a brand new one, once they had stock.

On a different subject, my Power Support front+rear protectors arrived today after 2 weeks in transit. I have a gelaskin coming also, so undecided whether to put the PS or the gelaskin on the back..?? decisions, decisions.

Soldato
I really like the phone (I can ignore the camera issue as it's one of those things and it'll be sorted) and am glad I bought it.

One thing I'll need to get used to is closing apps in the multitasking bar. Is there a task killer app like I have on my Android phone?

Soldato
I take back my criticism over the battery. It has significantly improved over the last few weeks. Managing to get about 7 hours use and 2 day standby.

How is that compared to yous on here?

Man of Honour
I take back my criticism over the battery. It has significantly improved over the last few weeks. Managing to get about 7 hours use and 2 day standby.

How is that compared to yous on here?

I can manage about 6-7 hours use and 5 days standby, it depends on what your 'use' consists of though.

Associate
That will be outrageous if they do. Blimey.

I really doubt they will, to do so would be to admit fault, something they carefully never did in the press release. There would be streams of people wanting replacements.

I can't see them refining the design til the inevitable iPhone 5 next year.

Caporegime
If they do refine it (why wouldnt they?), it definitely wont be announced - lots of products have small minor hardware revisions through their life to make them cheaper to produce or just more reliable.

No doubt user experience over the next few months will let us know...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom