*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

I've just purchased my iPhone 4 and I am having some difficulty with the Wifi. I can connect to my router without any problem and i have an IP address assigned to the device but it does not seem to use the Wifi connection. Even though I am connected to the local network the iPhone uses 3G to download all apps and access my mail box. Any ideas anyone?

Ive had my bumper on my iphone4 since getting it last week and after reading that article, i seem to have a few nicks on my iphone....nothing too bad though but you can see them...dont know if its the bumper causing it or if they were there before the bumper...highly doubt they were there before the bumper as i kept it in a soft sock type of pouch.

Probably give apple a ring and see what they say..

I've just purchased my iPhone 4 and I am having some difficulty with the Wifi. I can connect to my router without any problem and i have an IP address assigned to the device but it does not seem to use the Wifi connection. Even though I am connected to the local network the iPhone uses 3G to download all apps and access my mail box. Any ideas anyone?

It should give wifi the priority over 3G, is wifi connected every time you have seen it use 3G over wifi?

It should give wifi the priority over 3G, is wifi connected every time you have seen it use 3G over wifi?

I'm connected to my local network via wifi all the time but it still selects 3G over it. When i turn of 3G then i can use wifi but it either does not work (All laptops in the house do) or it is painfully slow. Anyone experience similar problems?

What pouch do you use?

I got one of the material types from the Bay a while back for my old 2G :-

3011pah.jpg

It was £1.98 with free postage. I love it. It fits my iPhone 4 perfectly, especially with the bumper fitted. I'm very careful with my phones so it goes into the pouch every single time it isn't in use before going into a pocket, rucksack etc. My old 2G was immaculate when I sold it on the bay so I must be doing something right as far as taking care of them goes. ;)

What pouch do you use?

An absolutely naff one if I'm honest, I really need a new one.

...I must be doing something right as far as taking care of them goes. ;)

Mine is very loose fitting, it is just a spare pouch I had lying about, not sure where it was from but the pouch stays in my pocket and the iphone goes straight into the pouch, unless ofcourse I am using it. If I am at work or home and the phones on my desk, it's sat on the pouch so as to not scratch the back. I've had it since launch and upon close inspection it still looks new.

I've just fitted a black icolor wrap on mine and quite like it!

What pouch do you use?

I got one of the material types from the Bay a while back for my old 2G :-

3011pah.jpg

It was £1.98 with free postage. I love it. It fits my iPhone 4 perfectly, especially with the bumper fitted. I'm very careful with my phones so it goes into the pouch every single time it isn't in use before going into a pocket, rucksack etc. My old 2G was immaculate when I sold it on the bay so I must be doing something right as far as taking care of them goes. ;)

Which is this one still being sold on ebay for about £2: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-Soft-Po...6?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches

Im using a pouch that i got a while back for my iphone4 with the bumper but its a bit of a struggle getting it in and out of the pouch.

I'm connected to my local network via wifi all the time but it still selects 3G over it. When i turn of 3G then i can use wifi but it either does not work (All laptops in the house do) or it is painfully slow. Anyone experience similar problems?

I have this problem. I haven't seen a 'genius' about it yet but it is very annoying - I started the problems thread because of it.

I have found a solution (temporary) for now. I had to switch my router from wireless b/g mode to wireless b mode. My phone now works perfectly - but my whole wireless network is now gimped because of it.

What router do you have? Mine is a Netgear one - everything else works perfectly well with it except my iphone 4.

Taken my bumper off...it doesnt really work with the iphone4 dock plsu now that i have a front and back protector on it...i cant see the point of having it on there plus i have a velvet pouch that i keep my iphone in....seems to work perfectly well. The bumper is nice but too difficult to take in and out and as it doesnt work with the dock...no point having it on.

BTW got my Power support screen protectors, the anti glare one and it still looks crisp and sharp with the screen.

Question.

I was hoping my phone would be shipped and delivered earlier than estimated as I am at home this week. It looks like it'll be at least when they say, next Tuesday, and no one will be home.

If I were to change the delivery address to my work address, I see that I can edit it on my order, will this in anyway cause me hassle does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom