*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
My girlfriend got a white iphone4 around 4 months back. A few days ago those she's been noticing the battery draining very quickly. I've been trying to read up on things and people say stuff like having notifications on and also clearing your mailbox(!?) cause big drain issues.

Can anyone here confirm this? Or give me any adivce on what could be the problem?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I have an iPhone on Vodafone. I don't get great reception with it most of the time so want to move to 02. Does anyone know how I can unlock without jailbreaking it? Can I just walk into a vodafone store and have them unlock it?

Permabanned
dropped mine today, bumper didn't help = smashed front glass :( oh well insurance job just before iPhone 5 = shiny new one to sell off and fund ip5 :)

Permabanned
whoop my insurance said I could go to apple and get a replacement instead of having it sent off to their crappy place, genius bar fun on saturday it is!

do you think they will not charge me for the iPhone replacement if I buy an iPad at the same time, anyone reckon I should chance it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hoping for an influx of cheap iPhone 4s on eBay when the iPhone 5 is announced/released. My 3GS screen just oozes disappointment every time I look at it now, having been playing with an iPad touch with the Retina Display.

Associate
Hoping for an influx of cheap iPhone 4s on eBay when the iPhone 5 is announced/released. My 3GS screen just oozes disappointment every time I look at it now, having been playing with an iPad touch with the Retina Display.

Aren't Apple releasing a 8GB iPhone 4 when the iPhone 5 is released, that should be a decent price, and probably lower as it will have to be below the current iPhone 4 16GB which will decrease due to the iPhone 5 :)

iPhone 4 8GB will be a steal then if all does go the way i think it might :p

Associate

I would not get your hopes up of a cheaper iPhone 4 from ebay as they will hold their value if it has warrenty and is in mint condition like mine. :D

Associate
how much are we thinking the 5 will be ? just got my 4 replaced yesterdya as it had a location fault and havent turned it on yet as i might just sell it and get the 5

cna get about £350

Soldato
This might be a bit of a faux pas now, but wasn't there a world of comment about having to hold an iPhone 4 a certain way because signal issues because of the antenna? Was that BS / a software fault then?

Man of Honour
Due to the antenna design, attenuation can occur more easily on the iPhone 4 than on some other phones. However, you only notice it if you have a very weak signal.

So while the design wasn't ideal, it wasn't a big problem in the end.

Soldato
This might be a bit of a faux pas now, but wasn't there a world of comment about having to hold an iPhone 4 a certain way because signal issues because of the antenna? Was that BS / a software fault then?

It's a design flaw. Apple released a software update to make the phone display a stronger signal icon for longer than the original software, but you will still drop signal a bit by holding it (in simple terms the software update means it now only drops 1 bar rather than 2).
If you've got a decent signal you're fine as it just drops 1 bar. But if you only had 1 bar to start with then you'll lose it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Long shot but:

Anyone here use a iPhone 4 with Virgin or has access to a Virgin sim, wondering how on an unlocked iPhone with a VM sim in, whether or not the Personal Hotspot option is available or not.

Back
Top Bottom