*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

here you go

easyusesilveranglepukk4.jpg

:p

What do you expect to get for it? I am in the same boat as you except I have £340 of my contract remaining on the early upgrade policy

Well O2 is ~£230 recycle. On eBay I expect £280+ which is fine tbh. Thing is, mine has the slight crack by the dock currently..will get it replaced and sell it most likely.

Depends if you need the benefits of a monthly contract (calls and texts) or if you can get by just topping up £10 every so often.

If you sell the 3GS you'll be pay £200 to £250 for a PAYG iPhone or if you sell the 3GS and pay your way out of the contract, you'll be paying £150 to £200 most likely for a contract iPhone.

Yeah, not sure what is the best option. Might sell the 3GS, pay out the contract and sign up again. As long as it's similar to buying the 3GS on the £45 contract where it's under £100 on the 18 month contract. Once all the prices are confirmed i'll be able to sort out my mind tbh, it depends on the prices of the phone on certain tariffs.

When I seel my phone do I just do a harware Reset in iTunes?, the new owner wont have a problem then setting it up via their iTunes account or anything?

I'm working 10-6 on pre-order day, I hope I wont miss out on pre-ordering to get one on release day :(. Will pre-ordering be available at 00:00 on 15/06/2010?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the crack is with o2 recycle discount code. When i sent off for the envelope for my 16GB 3G (£173) I entered the 10% extra code, which was accepted but I have nothing from o2 to say i'll be getting £190 instead of £173. I've logged into my recycle account and it tells me i will be getting £173.

Anyone know how this works?

Guys, I'm about to put my 3GS on ebay, just wondering do the iPhones come unlocked? I don't have a SIM to try but I bought mine with O2. Not sure what to put on the advert.

It costs £15 to unlock it, but after 12 months I *think* its free. You just need to contact o2.

Guys, I'm about to put my 3GS on ebay, just wondering do the iPhones come unlocked? I don't have a SIM to try but I bought mine with O2. Not sure what to put on the advert.

I think it'll be locked to O2 but they will unlock it for you (either free or £15 iirc, depending on how long you've had the phone).

Its not unlocked, I am on o2 aswell and theres a section on the site where you can unlock it, you register your details and they send you a txt message and then you connect to itunes and it says its unlocked. The service is free, and I have tried a vodafone and orange sim and it works

Sending my iPhone off tomorrow. Mum's old Samsung flip phone (really awful) + iPod Touch for a few weeks!

I just hope the new one doesn't turn out to be stupid money, leaving me iPhoneless for three months or anything. It could happen!

Back
Top Bottom