*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Does anyone happen to know if you can downgrade an O2 £35 pm tariff at any point, say to a simplicity tariff, or do you have to see out the origianl tariff?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There's absolutely no reason why they can't release the handset pricing and the tariffs.

I suspect each network is waiting for the other to release information at this point. If they aren't allowing pre-orders then it makes sense (so they don't get caught out) but they made it sound like the 15th was the day the beans would be spilt forth :(

Soldato
Ha ha :) I don't ask for the environmental side, I have an exam in an hours time and I could use the info on the product life cycle question :p

iPhone 4 embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:

* PVC-free handset
* PVC-free headphones
* PVC-free USB cable
* Bromine-free printed circuit boards
* Mercury-free LCD display
* Arsenic-free display glass
* Majority of packaging made from post-consumer recycled fibreboard and bio-based materials
* Power adapter outperforms strictest global energy-efficiency standards

only thing i can find about it.

Associate
Nice one mate :) problem is the 32GB is unavailable to reserve from Manchester Arndale or Trafford Centre.

Reserved a black one at Arndale yesterday, but managed to get a pre-order in for delivery so no longer need the reserved item.

Is there any way you can use this reservation - if there is you are welcome to it ;)

Chris

Caporegime
You can move down price points after 9months and then every month after that (just down one at a time) but unsure about changing schemes (moving from iPhone to Simplicity for iPhone contracts)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Hmm, I'm wondering if the 16GB and 32GB 3GS resale value will increase slightly when the dust settles on the iPhone4 launch and people want a cheaper alternative to the newer phone but find 8GB too small.

This is exactly what i want to know. I have my 16gb in mint condition all packed away and ready to sell. With the 8gb 3GS at £420 im sure 16/32GB can fetch more that they are now (~£270-£300). I think i might just hold out and see what happens, but the extra £££'s would be nice to soften the blow for my iphone 4.

not sure if this has been answered but will the iPhone 3G/S docks support the new iPhone 4?

You will need to get a new dock :( They are an extortionate £25 at the moment on the apple store

Soldato
You can move down price points after 9months and then every month after that (just down one at a time) but unsure about changing schemes (moving from iPhone to Simplicity for iPhone contracts)

You cant because the price difference between pay monthly and simplicity is to pay for the phone subsidy.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You can move from iPhone to iPhone simplicity, providing you've finished the contract.

Not sure if you can cross-grade after 9 months though.

Caporegime
i can see docks being ok at £25 but a rubber band for £25... come on lol
Yeah totally agree - only bought one to try it out and see what its like - if crap Ill return it for a full refund...

Though I think I like the idea when matched up with back/screen protectors rather than a proper case...

Caporegime
Anyone doing what Im doing on the 3GS? Im still tied to O2 til December 17th 2010 on the iPhone £35 18month contract (600/500/Unlimited)...

Bought the iPhone 4 outright (need to work out moving to micro SIM issue) and basically hoped before the new pricing was shown to move to Simplicity £15 12month contract (300/Unlimited/Unlimited) in December and so effectively unlink my contract renewal period (every December) from my phone purchase time (every June/July).

Now looking to see whats out there in December regards iPhone SIM-only contracts - I dont need Unlimited data, just need enough leeway to make it comfortable (1G minimum looking at past usage). Vodafone may be the answer looking at their plans...

If there are no such suitable plans Im gonna go back to O2 and renew my contract without a phone upgrade and expect a nice discount on my monthly bill while retaining the Unlimited data. I can just about justify £25 per month while paying the lump sum for the iPhone to keep myself flexible to new phones - I just need O2 to be a better network when it comes to 3G coverage so hoping the improved antennae helps a lot!

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont know if others have seen this (O2 Customers)

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/aboutsimswap.html

Seems like they are only going to give a microsim if you purchase from O2 :eek:

I hope not as my preorder will be a lot more hassle than its worth

I just went and asked in the o2 shop round the corner and he said he can just swap the sim for me, as long as they have them in stock. He says they're expecting quite a lot of iPhone 4s, and currently have millions of 3GSs in stock

Back
Top Bottom