The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
I've been watching Cutey Honey, which is silly but fun, with boobies! ;) (where Aika had panties, Cutey has boobies:)).

I've also just had a surprise shipping confirmation from DVDPacific, they've sent out a copy of Tenchi in Tokyo the complete series, something i'd given up on as it's a Geneon release.

Soldato
Cutey Honey is excellent. Well I think their is more than one type... not sure.

But I loved it, I thought the art style was excellent. Reminded me a bit of Astroboy.

EDIT: I see that the 2 GITS SAC 1st/2nd gig movies are out. Anyone seen them?

Soldato
Cutey Honey is excellent. Well I think their is more than one type... not sure.

But I loved it, I thought the art style was excellent. Reminded me a bit of Astroboy.

EDIT: I see that the 2 GITS SAC 1st/2nd gig movies are out. Anyone seen them?

if you mean "Laughing Man" and "Individual Eleven" then I have seen the first and do have the second to watch. Not to sure about the Laughing Man one, thought it really lost to much over just watching the series.

Soldato
... ok watched Lucky Star disk 1 (in LE boxset form) earlier. Thought that it was very good with a nice feel to the animation. Still think that whoever wrote the opening song was on something, which is probably illegal, at the time :) ... I was also happy that one of my favourite Anime themes was the closing "music" on the third episode. Being the boxed version you also get two CDs, a chocolate cornet shaped screen wipe and a tshirt (with a picture of a uniform on it :rolleyes:) ... there's a full review (with spoilers) up at AnimeonDVD here

I also see they have a review of a preview episode of the forthcoming US release of Maria-sama ga Miteru (again with spoilers) which the reviewer appears to quite like (as well he/she should :D). Can be found here.

Last edited:
Soldato
... ok watched Lucky Star disk 1 (in LE boxset form) earlier. Thought that it was very good with a nice feel to the animation. Still think that whoever wrote the opening song was on something, which is probably illegal, at the time :) ... I was also happy that one of my favourite Anime themes was the closing "music" on the third episode. Being the boxed version you also get two CDs, a chocolate cornet shaped screen wipe and a tshirt (with a picture of a uniform on it :rolleyes:) ... there's a full review (with spoilers) up at AnimeonDVD here

I also see they have a review of a preview episode of the forthcoming US release of Maria-sama ga Miteru (again with spoilers) which the reviewer appears to quite like (as well he/she should :D). Can be found here.
You know you are gonna be singing/whisling/humming the Lucky Star intro on the way to work on on the bus from now on...:D
Oh Wait thats me:o:D

Soldato
Yeah wasn't expecting something condensed to be very good.

I watched the Individual 11 one earlier this evening. I don't think its quite as bad as the Laughing Man one, although there was at least one point where they referred back to something happening which is covered in the full series but missed out in this which make the plot at that point felt a bit uneven as it assumed, (from the original), some knowledge you now don't have.

I've been on a bit of a spending spree for soundtrack CDs in the last few week or so, (have several orders coming from Japan :)) ... and finally got round to putting the CD's I brought back from Japan into iTunes. And put in the Lucky Star Opening 4:18min version .... arrrrrgh doom! :p

Was a bit annoyed though ... was having a look at figures on eBay and saw several on there which I saw a lot cheaper in Japan than for what they were selling for on there ... knew I should have bought another suitcase :(

Associate
Just saw these in HMV today, don't really get the point. Might as well just buy the proper series tbh!
They are apparently have added extra's.

Not seen either tho.

Have GITS, GITS:2, GITS:SS, and the two Stand Alone Complexes.

Really hope they bring out at least one more series. Love it!

Trigun is also a great series, and as is Cowboy Bebop. The only problem IMO is they are only one series! (granted you really couldnt make another Bebop one tho!)

Anyone watched Big O ? I had the first half of the series for ages, and only recently got the second half (well, i think they were maybe classed as two seperate series). What the hell happens at the end?!

Soldato
Yay! the series of Japanese holidays seem to be over so Amazon JP have finally shipped my pile of Anime OST CDs (some of which have been a bit of a pain to identify) ....

... of course its costing me arm and a leg in shipping as they use Fedex and I'll get stung for an arm, leg and left youknowwhat in customs duty etc ... :(

Soldato
ooo ... good stuff ...

Got a few things over the last few days ... firstly we have:

That's Makoto Sawatari from Kanon and a heap big pile of various OSTs and albums by Mikuni Shimokawa (FMP) and Yoko Ishida (OMG). It's going to take a while to put that lot into iTunes :). I would like a figure of Ayu Tsukimiya but they seem to be pretty hard to get hold of, (I saw some in Osaka but unfortunately didn't pick one up then). :(

Next we have a little bit of MOHS in the form of the Figma figure for Yuki ...

These are pose-able and come with various extra faces/hands/etc to help with this. I do have the rest of the gang on order too :D The very otaku-esque people reading this may notice the figure box next to her as being one of the new ToHeart2AD figures ... yep it's Tamaki Kosaka but I haven't got a decent pic of it yet, but it's an awesome figure. ;)

Finally we have a bit of nendoroid-tastic action ...

That'll be Konata Izumi from Lucky Star and the overly cute Binchotan. The Konata one is just the standard edition as the other editions seem to go for vast amounts of money ...

Commissario
Looking good :)
I really like the Yuki and Matoko figures:)

I've been quietly watching some of my anime backlog (Gunbuster 2, Slayers Try and now Tenchi In Toko), I haven't really bought anything new recently although I did go a bit nuts over the weekend with an order for Battle Athletes Victory from TRSI (they had all 8 volumes for $60 + shipping).

Soldato
I'm quite far behind on my back log at the moment. Started on it a bit today by watching Vexille which was very good (even though I normally prefer less obvious CG) and the first disk of FLCL.

Also managed to put my big pile of Anime OST CDs into iTunes and get some Yotsuba& wallpaper onto my new phone :)

I see that the Maria-sama release out at the end of next month has a streaming trailer on its site over on rightstuf.com. Apparently it's going to have two English language sub tracks with one of them keeping the Japanese-honorifics ... this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine as I hate it if I am watching something using subs and you loose the feel of the relationships between the characters as whilst the audio is using the correct forms the sub track is just using the names.

Commissario
I think TRSI do listen to what fans want, hence the double subs as I've seen complaints both ways about honorific titles and they are one of the more orientated companies (also I suspect they thought it costs them almost nothing to do, but might bring in a few extra sales;)).

I'm currently watching Tenchi In Tokyo now (not at this very second:p), and listening to the Macross OST's whilst playing TF2 etc, I'll probably watch the Tenchi movies soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom