The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Evening guys, just wondering if you could recommend me some new anime to watch.
I've just finished my 4th run through of Ghost in the Shell: SAC and Neon Genesis Evangelion so just looking for something new.

Any genre's you prefer, or want to avoid, or is the above the only ones you've seen. I'm assuming that if you've watched GitS:SAC that many times you have watched the Solid State Society film?

How about Appleseed and Vexille?

Associate
Any genre's you prefer, or want to avoid, or is the above the only ones you've seen. I'm assuming that if you've watched GitS:SAC that many times you have watched the Solid State Society film?

How about Appleseed and Vexille?

I really like stuff that seems to at least have some ground in reality.
I watched all the Gits films, along with Solid State Society and the Neon Genesis film.
Violent stuff wouldn't hurt either:p

Associate
http://www.anime-planet.com/anirec/ghost-in-the-shell-stand-alone-complex

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade is very good i'd recommend that.

Watched that, was pretty moving.

EDIT: Since the guy obviously likes GITS, how about Ergo Proxy, which was reccomended to me when I asked about other Cyberpunk anime a few pages back and which I loved? Gantz is also vaguely cyberpunk, and Akira of course. Can't think of any others but if anyone else can, post! I wanna hear about them too! :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
whats up with anime channel on sky just repeating ghost in shell series :mad:
watch regular each night and now its just silly. they was showing lots of different stuff now gone down hill.

Soldato
Anyone seen Eureka 7?

Watched the first 2 eps the other day I thought it was pretty decent :)

It probably won't tear me away from Bleach and Death note but we'll see :D
Just finished the series on monday.I really enjoyed it but the ending was (in my opinion) left a bit open,not wide open and hanging but it left me wanting at least 1 more ep to tie it up completely
Won`t go into detail as i don`t want to spoil it for others:)

Soldato
I see that Bandai are restructuring themselves in the US market, (folding the US subsidiary back into the parent company?) ... I think it's all a conspiracy to stop me from being able to get Sola and True Tears on DVD :(

Commissario
Do you mean the BVUSA being merged with Bandai Ent in the US?

I suspect they found that selling a handful of copies was very much a loss making enterprise, hence moving BV into BE so they don't have all the costs of the second company. Hopefully it'll mean that BV's licences get a more sensible release plan once they've finished the merger.

Soldato
Do you mean the BVUSA being merged with Bandai Ent in the US?

I suspect they found that selling a handful of copies was very much a loss making enterprise, hence moving BV into BE so they don't have all the costs of the second company. Hopefully it'll mean that BV's licences get a more sensible release plan once they've finished the merger.

Yep ... hopefully they wont go with the "lets release disks with 1 or 2 episodes for $25 each" release plan :rolleyes:

Spent most of yesterday evening sorting out my manga and art books into new bookcases, along with the OST CDs. Needed to be done as the pile of manga next to the old bookcase had got as far as the light switch! Sorted out out the figures this afternoon, (it's all part of a larger move around of stuff). I'll post some pics later this weekend, as it looks pretty sweet now, once I've sorted out the spare PC hardware tomorrow and the place doesn't look like a tip!

Think I've managed to get hold of a figure of Ayu from Kanon ... depends if my order goes through successfully and it ships ok from Japan (crosses everything) ;)

Soldato
Right, the results of my labours over the last day or so, remember i posted pics of my collection a few pages back, well the manga was out of control then, (particularly the artbooks which just sat in piles on the floor). Well for unrelated reasons I have been swapping the usage round of my office and spare bedroom which meant that I could do something about it, (and avoid cutting the lawn in the process!)

Now we have manga and artbooks like this:

which makes it a lot better to try and find and keep track of things. Of the artbooks I think my favourites are the EST one (which is art from things like Myself Yourself) and the one on the far left with just a plain green binding which has some nice ToHeart 2 artwork in it.

The CD's on the top are nearly all Anime OST's with a handful of general Japanese albums thrown in. The CD's are guarded by Konata and Hatsune Miku with a little help from Bincho-tan so pity the person who puts things back in the wrong place.

I've also sorted out some shelves for some of my figures ...

The figma Yuki looks a bit lonely on the top left but hopefully she should be being joined by her figma series chums soon. There are a few more things on the way which will probably fill things up ;)

Commissario
Yup it's a sequel to the original story and well sorth getting (it ties up some loose ends from memory).
I keep getting the urge to rewatch Tylor, but i've got too much new stuff to watch first (I try to watch new DVD's within a few weeks of getting them in case of problems).

I made a start on Battle Athletes Victory the other night and that looks like it's going to be good fun to watch, although i'm not sure how PC a couple of the characters are ;)

[edit]
That looks almost too tidy ;)

Associate
Just finished the series on monday.I really enjoyed it but the ending was (in my opinion) left a bit open,not wide open and hanging but it left me wanting at least 1 more ep to tie it up completely
Won`t go into detail as i don`t want to spoil it for others:)

WOW!

Just finished watching it:D
Is it just me or is Eureka Seven hugely underatred?Imo it's the best anime I've ever watched!(Only watched Bleach/Deathnote so what do I know lol?)

I'm man enough to say the last ep almost had me in tears:o

Rumour has it there's a movie in the works aswell:D

Need a new anime now =/ Any recommendations?

PS

This probably has the best soundtrack I've heard so far ^^

Associate
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-07/eureka-seven-movie-to-be-announced-in-newtype-mag

The May issue (on sale on April 10) of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will officially anounce that an Eureka Seven movie has been greenlit for production. Director Tomoki Kyoda (RahXephon movie), character designer Kenichi Yoshida (Overman King Gainer), and special effects director Yasushi Muraki (Ah! My Goddess: The Movie, The Skull Man) will reportedly return to animate with new mechanical designs, as well as a new form of storytelling that differs how the BONES anime studio produced the RahXephon movie. Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven "mythos," it will still feature the Renton and Eureka characters that starred in the original television version. Bandai Entertainment released both the original anime television series and the manga spinoff in North America. The Adult Swim television network ran the program in the United States.

I hope it's true!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom