• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
large

Introducing the New Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 21.4.1

https://community.amd.com/t5/blogs/...alin-edition-21-4-1/ba-p/464448?sf245134876=1

Associate
So saw 21.4.1 come up and clicked the install in the software. It started to check everything, then came up with the 'Error 206 - Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed Due to a Pending Windows Install or Update. Please Restart Windows Before Running Radeon Software Install'
Well there wasn't any Windows update software running software, so I rebooted. Same thing happened. So I downloaded the new driver software from AMD and also the clenup utility. Ran the cleanup utility, which then rebooted my PC into safe mode, and nothing happened. Tried running the cleanup software in safemode, but it wouldn't run. Rebooted the PC, then found myself in a safemode loop!! MSCONFIG and undo the safemode loop.
Booted again properly and ran the downloaded 21.4.1 driver software and everything appears to be ok now.
Do people have problems with the update facility in the Radeon Software??

Associate
Do people have problems with the update facility in the Radeon Software??
Yup, I had this exact error message. I checked the installer logs and narrowed it down to the Microsoft VC++ 2017 update that it was trying to install, but since it was already covered by a different redistributable on my PC, it errored with a message about "a newer version is installed". I had to uninstall the VC++ redistributables in the end, and install the 2017 one specifically. That allowed the driver installer to complete successfully.

Soldato
One of the new features is a new on screen overlay graph. I really like it.
FIuk1F7.png

You can customize the size, metrics, colours, transparency, position etc.

Love the new overlay. It really highlights just how crap my 6800 is performing in Destiny 2.... :p (Yay for another new driver without any news on a fix - also no update from Bungie on the same matter).

In other news the 6800 absolutely shreds in Hitman 3 with VRR to 4K (1080p 240Hz IPS screen because clearly I am a peasant...*) so I am happy.

Caporegime
OP
Love the new overlay. It really highlights just how crap my 6800 is performing in Destiny 2.... :p (Yay for another new driver without any news on a fix - also no update from Bungie on the same matter).

In other news the 6800 absolutely shreds in Hitman 3 with VRR to 4K (1080p 240Hz IPS screen because clearly I am a peasant...*) so I am happy.
The Destiny 2 issue is known and under investigation, that's all i know. :)

Soldato
When I first saw the new driver features advertised, this is what i thought it was bringing. having to tab out to see what my CPU is doing defeats the object.
its a good feature, but not quite what it should be.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, having all the cpu monitoring options is nice but not being able to had simple thing like cpu temperature to the overlay is a major oversight imo

Back
Top Bottom