• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Just noticed that with clean install of windows 11 my vram clock on gpu is at max all the time sat on desktop, is this supposed to be fixed or do i need to read the past few pages for a fix.
No oc and no programs installed like afterburner etc, everything is at default settings.
its idle at 1988

driver - 21.10.1

Last edited:
AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Just noticed that with clean install of windows 11 my vram clock on gpu is at max all the time sat on desktop, is this supposed to be fixed or do i need to read the past few pages for a fix.
No oc and no programs installed like afterburner etc, everything is at default settings.
its idle at 1988

driver - 21.10.1

Hey there, this can depend on your display setup:
  • Was your GPU behaving the same in Windows 10 with 21.10.1?
  • Can you verify that you're actually running 21.10.1 (Windows Update may have intervened in the background)
  • Could you tell me what your display setup is? (model number, resolution, refresh rate)
Cheers!

Soldato
Hey there, this can depend on your display setup:
  • Was your GPU behaving the same in Windows 10 with 21.10.1?
  • Can you verify that you're actually running 21.10.1 (Windows Update may have intervened in the background)
  • Could you tell me what your display setup is? (model number, resolution, refresh rate)
Cheers!

I didn't check them on windows 10 unfortunately
yes I have checked an definitely running version 21.10.1
My display is Asus TUF Gaming VG259QM @1080p 240hz - no HDR on

also not running any super resolution etc just free sync and Image sharpening and saturation at 130%

oh and resizable bar

nSoI8EP.png

Update =
Im actually at 280hz and this is the cause, if i reduce the hz to 240 the memory clock reduces to 190 ish.

Dont recall it being this way before but maybe i just missed it?

Last edited:
AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
That's a considerable amount of display bandwidth and I'm not surprised it gears up the memclock above 240Hz even at Full HD.

If you can identify a regression point for this as a behaviour change (such as a specific driver version), please let me know and we'll look into it

As I've mentioned eariler in the thread, vertical blanking interval could also be a factor in this scenario, and you may have some luck with tinkering with custom resolutions from either within Radeon Software, or via third party utilities like CRU.

Caporegime
OP
Please let me know if anyone gets a black screen or your display loses signal when you enable 10 bit colour depth (Bpc in Radeon Software see attached image). If you get these symptoms in combination with HDR (either via Windows HDR option or in-game HDR option) in 21.9.1, 21.9.2, or 21.10.1 I'd like to know about it.
Nt5eQJb.jpg

Soldato
Associate
Please let me know if anyone gets a black screen or your display loses signal when you enable 10 bit colour depth (Bpc in Radeon Software see attached image). If you get these symptoms in combination with HDR (either via Windows HDR option or in-game HDR option) in 21.9.1, 21.9.2, or 21.10.1 I'd like to know about it.

Nothing of that sort here. Only (very minor) issue I have with HDR on 21.9.1 is when bring up the AMD control panel while playing Star Wars: Squadrons, the everything goes bright pink (but what's being displayed is still visible) and then reverts to normal once closing the overlay.

Back
Top Bottom