• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Please let me know if anyone gets a black screen or your display loses signal when you enable 10 bit colour depth (Bpc in Radeon Software see attached image). If you get these symptoms in combination with HDR (either via Windows HDR option or in-game HDR option) in 21.9.1, 21.9.2, or 21.10.1 I'd like to know about it.
Nt5eQJb.jpg
Nothing of that sort here. Only (very minor) issue I have with HDR on 21.9.1 is when bring up the AMD control panel while playing Star Wars: Squadrons, the everything goes bright pink (but what's being displayed is still visible) and then reverts to normal once closing the overlay.
It was fixed via a firmware update on my CX OLED, not a driver issue after all. :)

Associate
It was fixed via a firmware update on my CX OLED, not a driver issue after all. :)

Ah, excellent. After some small issues after switching from Nvidia to AMD back in February (last AMD card was my beloved HD5850!), since about May everything has been plain sailing, very impressed with the drivers and additional features it has without needing a separate software package like GeForce Experience. Not that the latter didn't work well, I've had no big complaints with either vendor for 12+ years, just nice to have everything in one install.

Soldato
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 Highlights
Support For

• Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™
    • Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-423
    • Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-424
  • Riders Republic™
  • Age of Empires™ IV
    • Up to 45% increase in performance in Age of Empires™ IV @ 4K Max Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-425
  • Doom® Eternal:
    • Update 6.66
Fixed Issues
  • In Radeon™ Software, the CPU Tuning feature may be missing for some users with AMD Processors such as Ryzen™ 9 5950X Processor.
  • Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
  • While playing a game, some users may experience a black screen flicker if they have multiple displays connected and they attempt to switch between open windows (via Alt + Tab shortcut).
  • Battlefield™ V may crash during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
  • Image corruption may be observed on some characters when Radeon™ Boost is enabled while playing Cyberpunk 2077® on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT Graphics.
Known Issues
  • Users may experience display corruption issues when they set their Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T monitor to 5120X1440 @ 240Hz.
  • Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
  • AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
  • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-10-3

Caporegime
OP
NVIDIA™ GeForce driver Highlights

Other Issues
  • FarCry 6™
    • Some users may experience texture failure and feel like they have been robbed.
    • Other users may fail to read the instructions and download the HD Texture pack anyway then experience VRAM related issues.
LMAO, spat my coffee out.

Sig worthy and a few with low IQs for sure in that thread. :cry:

There joke notes, read the bits it suppose fixes lol. Tho still i agree its a bit vague why post em here, is it cos of fc6 and works better on amd or something?
Have a look at the FC6 thread and all becomes clear. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Have a look at the FC6 thread and all becomes clear. :p

Nvidia owners not happy about an AMD sponsored game. Shock horror.
Like you said in that thread same thing often happens in a Nvidia sponsored game but instead of moaning about when you have an AMD card just accept it and deal with the settings.
Unfortunately in this instance its harder because Nvidia cards were released with 10/12gb and AMD cards got 16gb. (apart from the 3090) So its a hardware difference not software.

It was bound to happen the number of people who complained about the VRAM when the 3080 came out it was a ticking time bomb. Just dont get why it causes so much emotion.

(up until last year I was Nvidia for last 10 years or more going back to ATI 1800XT and had 3 Nvidia 3xxx cards before getting the 6900xt)

Soldato
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™
  • Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-423
  • Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-424
  • Age of Empires™ IV
    • Up to 45% increase in performance in Age of Empires™ IV @ 4K Max Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-424

Damn, that's some massive jumps! On the back of the Crysis patches that did 30-50% too. Almost unsettling how much performance is left on the table before they get updates.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Like you said in that thread same thing often happens in a Nvidia sponsored game but instead of moaning about when you have an AMD card just accept it and deal with the settings.
Unfortunately in this instance its harder because Nvidia cards were released with 10/12gb and AMD cards got 16gb. (apart from the 3090) So its a hardware difference not software.

OMG why do I not feel the appreciation on said thread? Finally there is a person out there that understands the discussion without bringing in another game (CP'77) or deflection tactics to suit the narrative.

A mammoth thread on 3080 VRAM went on and on but there was no game to progress that discussion. Now we have a game that is more credible than Godfall to start sensible probes into why drivers/engines/games might hit issues there seems to be lots of toy out of pram syndrome from what I can tell. Being a user of both brands over the years its comical that when the 'superior' brand user is now in that position, you can see how they react...

Soldato
OMG why do I not feel the appreciation on said thread? Finally there is a person out there that understands the discussion without bringing in another game (CP'77) or deflection tactics to suit the narrative.

A mammoth thread on 3080 VRAM went on and on but there was no game to progress that discussion. Now we have a game that is more credible than Godfall to start sensible probes into why drivers/engines/games might hit issues there seems to be lots of toy out of pram syndrome from what I can tell. Being a user of both brands over the years its comical that when the 'superior' brand user is now in that position, you can see how they react...

Same old same old. If you can't attack the argument (about the value of AMDs extra VRAM), then attack the person (in this case the AMD brand). It's Nvidia marketing 101, and it's ironic that the Nvidia customer/fans will do it for Nvidia marketing even though they are the ones that have been short changed by the cut down ram on Nvidia products.

Caporegime
OP

It was bound to happen the number of people who complained about the VRAM when the 3080 came out it was a ticking time bomb. Just dont get why it causes so much emotion.

(up until last year I was Nvidia for last 10 years or more going back to ATI 1800XT and had 3 Nvidia 3xxx cards before getting the 6900xt)

Same old same old. If you can't attack the argument (about the value of AMDs extra VRAM), then attack the person (in this case the AMD brand). It's Nvidia marketing 101, and it's ironic that the Nvidia customer/fans will do it for Nvidia marketing even though they are the ones that have been short changed by the cut down ram on Nvidia products.
It's difficult to have a debate in that thread as it largely just comes down to trolling, one-upmanship and conspiracy theories.

Soldato

Not to derail this thread but its like buying a Porsche and only being able to drive 50mph on the M1. :)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its not derailing though is it.. I mean my previous card was a vega56 and I had to endure how sucky the brand/card was (or not from my opinion as it was a fantastic card) when expressing experiences, then we had the small number of people that bought a vega (or a 5700XT), had a black screen or some issue then said they had RMA/sold it and 'went back to nvidia' because their drivers didn't suck..

I am using a current gen nvidia card and again, I am having little/no issues yet other users seem to be having problems or driver issues etc yet I cant see them criticising the brand (because its fair game at that point). Then its the games issue, or theory that AMD up to its tricks.. lmao. Really.

Back
Top Bottom