• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Forza Horizon 5 at 2160p with Digital Foundry Xbox Series X Quality Mode settings (shadows at high rather than Ultra) is now a rock solid 60fps on the telly with the only dips below that in Forzavista. :D

I chucked it on the monitor and it ran at over 80fps most of the time with lowest dips during gameplay at 70fps on the dot.

I might try it at 1440p, see if it's a pegged 144fps! :eek:

Soldato
Bit of a gap with drivers, i wonder when the next lot is coming. Unless there trying to get that fsr 2.0 thing ready for the next set tho i somehow thought it wouldnt be till around march or after for that feature.

Soldato
Bit of a gap with drivers, i wonder when the next lot is coming. Unless there trying to get that fsr 2.0 thing ready for the next set tho i somehow thought it wouldnt be till around march or after for that feature.

It's normal for software to have a change freeze over Christmas. No one wants to deal with bugs or any serious issues coming up when people are on holiday or running on a skeleton crew. Plus the big releases that trigger new drivers are now all out for the holidays.

Rumours are the the FSR injector (RSR) might be at the end of January.

Soldato
It's normal for software to have a change freeze over Christmas. No one wants to deal with bugs or any serious issues coming up when people are on holiday or running on a skeleton crew. Plus the big releases that trigger new drivers are now all out for the holidays.

Rumours are the the FSR injector (RSR) might be at the end of January.

I really hope it's not an Injector method. Would stink for all the EAC titles that would trigger immediatly.

Associate
Wondering if someone could help.

6900xt red devil ultimate
Windows 10 whatever the latest version is.
Radeon Pro drivers Dec 21.
Monitor 1: Xiaomi 34 inch ultrawide 144hz
Monitor 2: random 13" screen i pulled from a dead laptop and repurposed as a monitor, 720p/60hz.

My 6900XT memory clocks is stuck idling on 1999mhz. From what I've read a few pages back it's "expected performance" and the suggested fixes were knock down the refresh rate to 60hz for both (tried, doesn't work for me), or use CRU.

Any advice on how to use CRU for this?

Setting custom resolution within Radeon was also suggested but what settings should i use??

Thanks

Associate
if nothing else RSR will be interesting to play with

seen the word AI mentioned by several news outlets or is that lazy reporting

Soldato
Wondering if someone could help.

6900xt red devil ultimate
Windows 10 whatever the latest version is.
Radeon Pro drivers Dec 21.
Monitor 1: Xiaomi 34 inch ultrawide 144hz
Monitor 2: random 13" screen i pulled from a dead laptop and repurposed as a monitor, 720p/60hz.

My 6900XT memory clocks is stuck idling on 1999mhz. From what I've read a few pages back it's "expected performance" and the suggested fixes were knock down the refresh rate to 60hz for both (tried, doesn't work for me), or use CRU.

Any advice on how to use CRU for this?

Setting custom resolution within Radeon was also suggested but what settings should i use??

Thanks
I get the same VRAM problem, I have gone back to 21.11.2 driver to fix it.

Soldato

Thanks

I get the same VRAM problem, I have gone back to 21.11.2 driver to fix it.

To fix it you need to do a fresh install. So when you next update the drivers tick the option that does a clean install. This fixes it.

see #20505 post.

I went back to the last proper release 21.10.2 I've had enough of the optional release drivers for now. :)

Soldato
To fix it you need to do a fresh install. So when you next update the drivers tick the option that does a clean install. This fixes it.

see #20505 post.

I went back to the last proper release 21.10.2 I've had enough of the optional release drivers for now. :)
I tried that and it did not fix it so went back and its fine.

Associate
Ah ok so I'll need to to reinstall.

I usually DDU but I'll try again, thanks.

Edit. Tried DDU and reinstall. Still having the same issue.

Edit 2: turns out running dual monitors like i have (144hz and 60hz) triggers the max mem clock. I stopped using the 60hz monitor and it's back to idle clocks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.1.1 Highlights
Support For

• Monster Hunter Rise™
  • God of War™
    • Up to 7% increase in performance in God of War™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.1.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.12.1.RS-445
    • Up to 7% increase in performance in God of War™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.1.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.12.1.RS-446
    • Up to 7% increase in performance in God of War™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.1.1 on the 12 GB Radeon™ RX 6700 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.12.1.RS-447
Fixed Issues
  • Connecting multiple monitors with high display bandwidths and differences in vertical intervals to a system may lead to high idle memory clock values being experienced by some users.
  • After upgrading to the latest Radeon™ Software, the Power Tuning component of a saved tuning profile may not load correctly when a user imports a previously saved tuning profile.
  • When some users zoom-in during Halo Infinite™ gameplay, they may experience visual corruption on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 5600 XT Graphics.
  • Flickering may be observed when playing Fortnite™ on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 6800 XT Graphics using DirectX® 12 with Radeon™ Boost enabled.
Known Issues
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
  • While playing Borderlands 3™ using DirectX® 12 with Radeon™ Boost enabled, longer than expected load times may be observed on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 6800 XT Graphics.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-1-1

Caporegime
OP

Edit 2: turns out running dual monitors like i have (144hz and 60hz) triggers the max mem clock. I stopped using the 60hz monitor and it's back to idle clocks.
If that behaviour occurs with the just released driver with two displays, it’s expected.

Soldato

I have 2 60hz displays, 1440p & 1200p and some drivers still dont down clock the VRAM. I will try the new ones with a clean install at some point to test if they do.

Associate
I have 2 60hz displays, 1440p & 1200p and some drivers still dont down clock the VRAM. I will try the new ones with a clean install at some point to test if they do.

I use a 144z and a 60hz monitor and some drivers do not allow the memory to clock down, 21.10.4 does work perfectly fine though.

Back
Top Bottom