• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Negative matt, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't see how really, I've tried making two profiles, one for general gaming and one for benchmarking.
Exported them and save them in my documents folder. They load up just fine, no failed settings, but stuff like zero fan, powerlimit or memory timings are default when go into tuning.
Not the end of the world of course, but annoying.

Windows 11 if it makes any difference, was doing it on beta drivers previously too.

Caporegime
OP
Negative matt, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't see how really, I've tried making two profiles, one for general gaming and one for benchmarking.
Exported them and save them in my documents folder. They load up just fine, no failed settings, but stuff like zero fan, powerlimit or memory timings are default when go into tuning.
Not the end of the world of course, but annoying.

Windows 11 if it makes any difference, was doing it on beta drivers previously too.
Using dual boot here of 11 and 10 and don't experience this issue. If settings are not saved, it's usually due to some other application interfering.

If you have never installed Afterburner or similar then it can't be that. It does sound like a local system issue though, if only those specific settings are not saved.

I could try saving a profile for you which you can load in to your system if you like? Let me know the exact settings you want. A screenshot showing everything should do it.

Soldato
Yeah never installed afterburner since building the system, happy using the AMD software for overlay and overclocking so didn't see the point.

At work currently bud but will get home and grab a screenshot for you, thank you matt much appreciated

Soldato
try a different save location?

If loading a profile from a previous driver try remaking it from scratch based on the settings u know and do a fresh profile. If that doesnt work, try ddu and when installing fresh drivers do the factory reset stuff to clear any old settings it might still be using then redo ur new fresh profiles?

Caporegime
OP
try a different save location?

If loading a profile from a previous driver try remaking it from scratch based on the settings u know and do a fresh profile. If that doesnt work, try ddu and when installing fresh drivers do the factory reset stuff to clear any old settings it might still be using then redo ur new fresh profiles?
Sorted cheers chaps, already used DDU and nuked all the AMD stuff when installing the new drivers this morning, strangely, using a different location to save to worked.
Good shout SkeeterUK. :)

Associate
Anyone have issues after saving a profile in Adrenaline where when loading a saved profile, the clocks and settings aren't exactly what you originally save?

I actually have this problem with my old HD 7870(mums PC) - when I load profile values stay at default, and I have to restart PC and set overclock manually. DDU/reinstall won't help :rolleyes:

Soldato
Anyone else noticed the latest drivers don't seem to play nice with Timespy? Or 3d Mark in general, had to lower my overclocks by up to 70mhz just to make it through.
Going to drop back to previous betas and wait for the next lot.

Soldato
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin
22.1.2 Highlights

Support For

• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Extraction
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6500 XT Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6500M Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6400 Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6300M Graphics
Fixed Issues
  • While playing Borderlands 3™ using DirectX® 12 with Radeon™ Boost enabled, longer than expected load times may be observed on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 6800 XT Graphics.
Known Issues
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-1-2

Associate
Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.

That bad boy has been around for YEARS! Not that I use Enhanced Sync hehehe.

Soldato
Anyone get crashes in BF2042? 6800xt. I thought the current official driver was ok untill I got a single crash, then I moved to 22.1.1.

In the performance tab of the AMD software its telling me SAM in not available but its enabled in the bios?

Last edited:
Soldato
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin

Known Issues
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
I'm sure I've seen this known issue for over a year now... in every single release hahaha

Soldato
Anyone get crashes in BF2042? 6800xt. I thought the current official driver was ok untill I got a single crash, then I moved to 22.1.1.

In the performance tab of the AMD software its telling me SAM in not available but its enabled in the bios?
Maybe check CPU overclocks. I'm running 4600mhz on my chip 24/7, passes 24 burn in tests everything BUT all BF's for me, I can only run at 4500mhz... it's madness... never ever can I run any battlefield at 4600mhz, so if you are clocked maybe just reduce a little and see if it solves it. Other than that I'm running BF2142 on a 6900xt and although not running great it's not crashing (as long as I'm 4500mhz)

Soldato
I'm at stock on CPU & 6800xt (got some b-die @3800MT/s cl16). It tells me to update my drivers everytime I crash. I just played a round and didn't crash however.

Back
Top Bottom