• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Wish I didn't bother,updated,and now I have a black screen
But how then are you typing this? Just messing. :p
Yeah as it was installing the driver
That happened on a previous version. After the install, it black screened. They then released an updated one to fix it. It happened to me. So when the screen didn't return, I left the PC for a few minutes and then hard reset. Came back up OK.

Yeah as it was installing the driver

Lots saying hard reboot works if it doesn't come back, let us know how you get on, although may wait to install mine until I get from my snowboarding next week, give it plenty of time for bug fixes

Last edited:
Lots saying hard reboot works if it doesn't come back, let us know how you get on, although may wait to install mine until I get from my snowboarding next week, give it plenty of time for bug fixes
Just turned it back on,and it's fine now,just doing a few benchmarks to see if performance really has increased

Can't do the full install for this (Adrenalin Edition 23.2.1), it would hang up at 91% and even wait for a further 10min in case it would finish up but had to do a hard reset to get back up, even minimal install would hand up.
Had to use amd cleanup utility to clean it up and just update the driver via the device manager, no utilities for me.

Last edited:
installed ok for me using minimal as dont see need for overclocking stuff or relive stuff etc.

tho windows as usual kicks up a security block for amdcleanup which i had to quick jump to fix to allow tho dunno if it affected install as it did it during the install procedure. I always do factory reset so when it asked reboot i did, was ok.

6700xt latest win 10.

Hmm im sure i turned off forced driver updates for gpu in windows cos of the whole windows amd drivers keep reinstalling straight after amd driver install without a way to stop it sometimes.

Can anyone check gpuz does it say its the amd one or the windows store one, mines saying 31.0.14001.45012, confused..

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.1 Driver Version 22.40.01.45 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14001.45012).

RT has definitely improved,but I don't know by how many fps because detailed scores won't load

Last edited:
Advised to backup data prior to install of latest rx6000 drivers as various users are reporting their windows installs are corrupted after installing the driver

Last edited:
Advised to backup data prior to install of latest rx6000 drivers as various users are reporting their windows installs are corrupted after installing the driver

Yes will sit this one out for a few weeks. No rush it plays everything I need it to and I use my machine everyday for work. In fact I haven't reinstalled Windows since two motherboards and 3 Ryzen chips as the hassle of reinstalling all my works environments is just to much of a headache. Will have to bite the bullet at some point but rather it wasn't forced upon me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom