• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

How do you do a driver only install
There's a couple of ways, the simplest is to change the install option from Full to Minimal, when the Adrenaline driver install option screen appears.

The other way, is to let the drivers unpack, normally into C:\AMD, the when the Adrenaline driver screen appears, cancel and exit from the installer. The manually use Device Manager to install the drivers from C:\AMD.

There's a couple of ways, the simplest is to change the install option from Full to Minimal, when the Adrenaline driver install option screen appears.

The other way, is to let the drivers unpack, normally into C:\AMD, the when the Adrenaline driver screen appears, cancel and exit from the installer. The manually use Device Manager to install the drivers from C:\AMD.
Thanks will do that on next update :p

I'm running the new 23.2.2 driver and its working flawlessly on my 6700XT. Now it's been some time since last I went over my undervolt but I experimented a bit and have gotten amazing results. Stock settings normally results in a power draw of around 220watts full blast. First undervolt lowered that to 180watts on average and now I've managed to lower it even further to around 150 watts though with a 1-3% performance degradation depending on what game I've tested in. Totally acceptable in my book.

Current settings are
2500 core(down from 2670)
1100 mV(possible to be lowered a tiny bit more but i'm done for now)
2100mhz memory, fast timings.

I'm a happy camper. 70 watts of power saved, roughly 30%, for next to nothing in terms of raw performance(1-2fps). If anything it tells me that the 6700XT has been pushed way out of its efficiency curve from the get go. That or I got some serious silicon :D. All I know is that seeing 82-84 degrees on the junction temp sensor using a ref cooler in a poorly cooled case with no noise from the gpu what so ever is pretty darn sweet.

I'm running the new 23.2.2 driver and its working flawlessly on my 6700XT. Now it's been some time since last I went over my undervolt but I experimented a bit and have gotten amazing results. Stock settings normally results in a power draw of around 220watts full blast. First undervolt lowered that to 180watts on average and now I've managed to lower it even further to around 150 watts though with a 1-3% performance degradation depending on what game I've tested in. Totally acceptable in my book.

Current settings are
2500 core(down from 2670)
1100 mV(possible to be lowered a tiny bit more but i'm done for now)
2100mhz memory, fast timings.

I'm a happy camper. 70 watts of power saved, roughly 30%, for next to nothing in terms of raw performance(1-2fps). If anything it tells me that the 6700XT has been pushed way out of its efficiency curve from the get go. That or I got some serious silicon :D. All I know is that seeing 82-84 degrees on the junction temp sensor using a ref cooler in a poorly cooled case with no noise from the gpu what so ever is pretty darn sweet.
I did similar with my 6700XT and now again with the 6900XT. I posted this in the Company of Hero's 3 game thread but here is a before and after. Over 120w shaved off power draw and 200Mhz from GPU clock and it knocked 25ºC from the junct temp. And Adrenaline software reports, on average, over 155FPS in this example for CoH3. :)

Before-Undervolt.jpg

After-Undervolt.jpg

Last edited:
I did similar with my 6700XT and now again with the 6900XT. I posted this in the Company of Hero's 3 game thread but here is a before and after. Over 120w shaved off power draw and 200Mhz from GPU clock and it knocked 25ºC from the junct temp. And Adrenaline software reports, on average, over 155FPS in this example for CoH3. :)

Before-Undervolt.jpg

After-Undervolt.jpg
I run my 6900XT at:
2000MHz Max
-10% power
1125mV
HWiNFO64 says it uses 65-90W when gaming. If I leave it default it uses 200W+. I game on a 1200p 60Hz screen most of the time so don’t need > 60 fps.

Before-Undervolt.jpg

After-Undervolt.jpg
That is some serious results.. Wonder how the 7900XT and XTX would fare as many claim they are drinking power like a madman. It seems to be AMDs MO.. Vega was also giving some very good results when undervolting, same goes for my RX 5700.

Wish they would fix the Uncharted crashing issue that's only fixed with a driver roll back :/

Seeing as it came with the card it's that little more annoying. No other game crashes with my 6700 other than the one that came with it!

Last edited:
Make sure windows updates isn't running while installing the Radeon driver or your windows might get corrupted

We have reproduced an issue that can occur in an extremely small number of instances if a PC update occurs during the installation of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, and we are actively investigating.
We recommend users ensure all system updates are applied or paused before installing the driver, and that the “Factory Reset” option is unchecked during the AMD driver installation process. We are committed to resolve issues as quickly as possible and strongly encourage users to submit issues with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition via the Bug Report Tool.”
AMD Spokesperson via PCWorld

Last edited:

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.1 Release Notes​

Highlights​

• Support for:
    • Halo Infinite™ Ray Tracing Update
    • Wo Long™: Fallen Dynasty

Fixed Issues​

• Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
  • Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
  • Intermittent driver timeout may be observed in Halo Infinite™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled.
  • Corruption may be observed in Dying Light™ 2 around certain light sources.
  • Corruption may be observed in Returnal™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent driver timeout, system freeze or BSOD may be observed using select displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.

Known Issues​

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Connection failure or black screen may be observed using Parsec client with AMD decoder setting.
  • Application crash may be observed while playing UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • The Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently resize across the display on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600M. As a temporary solution, users encountering this are recommended to disable the Performance Metrics Overlay
  • The Performance Metrics Overlay may have some missing units when enabled, or situationally become truncated after changing display scaling settings.

Important Notes​

• Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades.

Package Contents​

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.1 Driver Version 22.40.37.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14037.1007).

Had a crash playing DMZ yesterday which is always annoying as you lose all your loadout :mad: just turned PC on and got this "Error SACERKL - The GPU Detected a Configuration Issue with This Driver, Please Reinstall Driver" I'm on 23.2.1, whats this about????

Back
Top Bottom