• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

anyone else's CPU showing 0 stats since new driver?

sRexVk2.png
All good here.

EDIT: Is it because you don't have Ryzen Master installed?

CPU-Metrics.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking I might try a clean install of these latest drivers - been getting some random hangs in games. Everything locks up but audio still plays. It can be a demanding game with 98% utilisation or a game that hardly touches the GPU. I just can't alt+tab out and the mouse is not responsive. Have to hard reset. It can happen quickly or sometimes after a few hours, or, not at all. Up until now, my system has been solid. Integrity check of windows and corruption check (SFC and DISM) are all clear; so the OS appears fine. Event logs also don't give much away - they show no actual crash of any .exe or process / game. It just records the loss of power from the hard reset. Which is odd. There was an audio driver update so I've done that just in case. All other drivers are up-to-date. No beta versions or beta BIOS firmwares installed. Temps are all fine for both CPU and GPU. I've even lowered GPU clocks and memory clocks below stock to see if that helped. Failing a clean install of the GPU driver the only other thing updated recently were the AMD chipset drivers. :confused:

EDIT: I even ran the GPU built-in stress test tool for 3 minutes. Absolutely fine. Not sure if that is a fair enough test?

Last edited:
@Firegod I've noticed this same behaviour the last day or 2. Random stutter that will last for 1-2 seconds while sound continues.. Very odd. Considering the machine have had no new drivers or settings changed by me i suspect windows being at it again...

Thanks for the replies. Just as way of an update if anyone is interested haha :D I did a quick 10 minutes of blended Prime95 and FurMark (on extreme) just to see if anything obvious came to light - it didn't. I know it's not a massive test but I know in my gut it isn't a hardware / stability issue. For example, one game that froze was using barely any CPU utilisation. So the fact I can run 10 minutes of blended Prime95 without error I think rules out a CPU / Memory issue. Temps were well within normal ranges too for both tests. FurMark even sucked up nearly all 300w from the GPU. No crashing. So I still think it's a driver related issue. So next I will try a clean driver install. Thanks.

Prime95.jpg

FurMark.jpg

yes, its gone now for me. It's been a known problem for some time now. Seen plenty of post about it all over the net.
yeah i noticed this yesterday when i was having a look through the settings of Adrenaline. I thought i was going mad. Glad its not just me.. also it seemed quite sluggish, which is frustrating given how much nicer and more full of options it is compared to the nvidia software which I came from.

There seems to be a whole bunch of options in the graphics and display tabs which are all disabled by default but they look to be useful. Is there a list of which settings are a good/bad idea to enable anywhere as its a bit overwhelming.

tia

yeah i noticed this yesterday when i was having a look through the settings of Adrenaline. I thought i was going mad. Glad its not just me.. also it seemed quite sluggish, which is frustrating given how much nicer and more full of options it is compared to the nvidia software which I came from.

There seems to be a whole bunch of options in the graphics and display tabs which are all disabled by default but they look to be useful. Is there a list of which settings are a good/bad idea to enable anywhere as its a bit overwhelming.

tia
For me personally, under global graphics:

RSR: Disabled
Anti-Lag: Enabled
Chill: Disabled
Boost: Disabled
RIS: Enabled (80%)
Enhanced Sync: Enabled
Vertical Refresh: Always On
FRTC: Disabled
AA: Enhance
AA Method: Supersampling
MAA: Enabled
Anisotrpic Filtering: 16x
Text Filtering Quality: High
Surface Format Optimisation: Enabled
Tessellation: AMD Optimised
OpenGL Triple Buffering: Enabled
10-Bit Pixel: Disabled

Then for the per game graphics settings:
<Same as above>
AMD FreeSync: AMD Optimised
Scaling Mode: Global Default
Interger Scaling: Global Default

Then the Global display settings:
AMD FreeSync Premium: Enabled
VSR: Enabled
GPU Scaling: Enabled
Scaling Mode: Preserve aspect ratio
Interger Scaling: Enabled
Colour Depth: 10bpc
Pixel Format: RGB 4:4:4

I then use Vsync in games to "on" as well so that FPS for me caps out at 165 but I get no unwasted frames or heat generation from GPU. And I get no tearing as well. Previously, I used to use FRTC capped at 140 FPS but apparently that is a no no when also using freesync. There was an AMD post on reddit.

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 6600xt and have OCD... If I minimize Chrome or Edge in Windows 11, I get white flashing when I minimize them only. however that doesnt not happen on WIN 10, but... on win 10 If I play a YouTube video and move the night light bar from 0 to 100 very quickly, I get green lines - I'm not sure if that's normal.

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 6600xt and have OCD... If I minimize Chrome or Edge in Windows 11, I get white flashing when I minimize them only. however that doesnt not happen on WIN 10, but... on win 10 If I play a YouTube video and move the night light bar from 0 to 100 very quickly, I get green lines - I'm not sure if that's normal.
Seek. Help.

Flickering whilst playing a video on chromium based browsers was listed as a known issue on previous versions of the driver. The general recommendation is to disable MPO via regedit. In some cases disabling hardware acceleration in the browser can also help alleviate issues.

The link below from Nvidia has a .reg file to do it for you or to do it yourself the key is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Dwm", create DWORD "OverlayTestMode" with value "00000005".
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ady-driver-461.09-or-newer,-some-desktop-apps

Does the same thing happen if you use a non chromium browser like Firefox?

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.2 Release Notes​

Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-23-3-2

Highlights​

• Support for:
    • Resident Evil™ 4 Remake
    • The Last of Us™ Part 1
    • Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click here for more information.

Fixed Issues​

• Application crash may be observed while playing UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Application crash may be observed while playing Genshin Impact™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6750 XT.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing It Takes Two™ on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Connection failure or black screen may be observed using Parsec client with AMD decoder setting.
  • The Performance Tuning Stress Test may intermittently lower GPU usage before test completion.
  • The Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently resize across the display on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600M.
  • The Performance Metrics Overlay may have some missing units when enabled, or situationally become truncated after changing display scaling settings.

Known Issues​

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video playback using hardware accelerated browsers may appear blurry during upscale on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XT.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Mouse cursor may appear invisible in Citrix Workspace™.

Important Notes​

• Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades.

Package Contents​

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.2 Driver Version 22.40.43.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14043.1000).

Back
Top Bottom