• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I think they've temporarily disabled factory reset so best bet is uninstall via control panel followed by DDU.
they only disabled it whilst you upgrade, they didn't disable it in the driver itself after install, i used it the other day ;)
go into the settings on the panel and you will see 'perform factory reset'

edit: ps thats in the latest version as of today too.

Last edited:
they only disabled it whilst you upgrade, they didn't disable it in the driver itself after install, i used it the other day ;)

Ahh good to know I only do the driver Install so don't get that option but for those that do the full install it's good to know it's there.

Gave the factory reset a go, still isn't loading on start up. Weird.

why is windows stopping me updating new drivers / eny suggestions

What do you mean by windows is 'stopping' you? Are you talking about the UAC pop up asking you for authorisation?

For me when ever I update a driver I always disable my network connection after downloading the package.

I had an episode that corrupted my pc many years ago, where I uninstalled the Nvidia driver to install the new one.

But whilst I was installing the new driver myself, windows in the background started to install a gpu driver from the windows update catalogue.

I ended up corrupting my graphics drivers and needed a clean install.

Since then I always disable my network connection before doing any driver updates.

Last edited:
found the problemWhat do you mean by windows is 'stopping' you? Are you talking about the UAC pop up asking you for authorisation?

For me when ever I update a driver I always disable my network connection after downloading the package.

I had an episode thatrr my pc many years ago, where I uninstalled the Nvidia driver to install the new one.

But whilst I was installing the new driver myself, windows in the background started to install a gpu driver from the windows update catalogue.

I ended up corrupting my graphics drivers and needed a clean install.

Since then I always disable my network connection before doing any driver updates.

Found the problem corrupted files havent done afresh install for a long long time a fresh windows install's fixed it thaks to you all:p

I'm thinking of downgrading my display driver. I haven't used any of the software before. I only use the display driver.

Can I just install the downgraded one over the current one (using installer/manually in device manager) to downgrade it?

Not sure if I should uninstall it from device manager first?

I'm getting some weird driver timeouts from time to time on the 23.4.3 driver.. even @stock settings when playing BF2043. Anyone else seen this?
I had Insurgency Sandstorm crash on me last night, though I was running an aggressive undervolt/memory OC. Will see how it goes.

Also noticed you accidentally referenced a user account that hasn't been active here for 8 years :P.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom