• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

New update for the AFMF preview driver for Oct 13th

Adds support for HDR to fluid motion frames along with several other improvements.

* Improvements to frame pacing have been made, resulting in an overall smoother gameplay experience and improved image quality.

This is the more interesting bit in the latest preview driver. People on Reddit already tested and saying that the improved frame pacing makes games feel a lot smoother now. Hopefully FSR3 will have the same improvement in another patch for Immortals and Forspoken.

Last edited:
The anti lag+ was causing People to get vac banned on CSGO so it's been pulled

Not just csgo or cs2 it's also call of duty and apex. Antilag+ works by changing game files without the developer permission so anti cheat systems believe gamers are hacking

This is a massive screwup for AMD and I hope gamers can have their accounts unbanned.

This is why Nvidia's AntiLag feature is built into the games so it bypasses the anti cheat system. AMD thought it could get around this and not get banned...

Last edited:
Not just csgo or cs2 it's also call of duty and apex. Antilag+ works by changing game files without the developer permission so anti cheat systems believe gamers are hacking

This is a massive screwup for AMD and I hope gamers can have their accounts unbanned.

This is why Nvidia's AntiLag feature is built into the games so it bypasses the anti cheat system. AMD thought it could get around this and not get banned...
I'm sorry what? No, Antilag+ doesn't change game files however, it may change data in memory addresses that the game uses which in turn flags the user with the anticheat. Also Antilag has worked fine for ages so something else is going on here, something specific to their latest iteration. It is a %!"¤up no doubt about it and it shouldn't have happened.

I'm sorry what? No, Antilag+ doesn't change game files however, it may change data in memory addresses that the game uses which in turn flags the user with the anticheat. Also Antilag has worked fine for ages so something else is going on here, something specific to their latest iteration. It is a %!"¤up no doubt about it and it shouldn't have happened.

That's what Valve said, they said it modifies .dll game files and I assume Valve knows more than you about game dev, but I get what you're saying it can be doing the changes through the memory, a common way for game cheats is to access the memory address, a free piece of software called cheat engine does that as well

Last edited:
That's what Valve said, they said it modifies .dll game files and I assume Valve knows more than you about game dev, but I get what you're saying it can be doing the changes through the memory, a common way for game cheats is to access the memory address, a free piece of software called cheat engine does that as well
Might want to re-read what valve said. "detouring" isn't modify anything it's bypassing it.
Basically the same way cheats would bypass VAC this is why people are getting banned because the anticheat is detect something that shouldn't be in the code.

How this as managed to get to this point is something AMD and valve will need to address.
Eitherway however way we put it, this shouldn't have got to this point.

You're talking about anti lag, this is anti lag + that is only enabled on the 7 series GPUs ATM.

Has the new driver been pulled?
Yes - whilst Valve and AMD figure out what's going on.

This whole VAC ban thing is interesting - so far as I know, VAC bans are permanent - Valve *never* reverses them but I guess they're going to have to make an exception now.

Also, for anyone that's used AntiLag+ in CS2, VAC does delayed bans so just because you're OK now, doesn't mean you won't get banned tomorrow (or next week, or next month).

Pretty sure Valve/AMD will resolve this ASAP though.

How old is ur windows install, is it on the latest branch, as maybe it may help i dunno? In gears 5 theres a diagnostic mode in settings does that help at all figure it out? Is tiled resources on or off?

Doubt its this but u can test to rule it out if u want.

I might be wrong but the dlc i think adds software raytracing using the gpu so if reflections and shadows on it, could be that if set high, tho i think u said u tried all low so might not be that.

Finally checked this.

The original install is fairly old, but it's now whatever the latest version of windows 10 is.

Tried with everything low, everything switched off, still the same. GPU has high utilisation, but just performing bad. Ran 3dmark while at it just to check, both firestrike and timespy to cover dx11 and dx12 and both are right where they should be. So system is performing as it should, it's just Gears 5.

Think I might try going back to the driver he used for main campaign, when he was on the 8350. That was cpu limited, but gpu was performing as it should there.

Can't think what else it can be other than either driver issue or the coalition has completely knackered performance between 2020 and now.

Digging around I did find this

Someone with the exact same issue, then changed gpu and still the same issue, so I think drivers can be ruled out. Must be a conflict between game and something somewhere, finding what is going to be the challenge.

Last edited:
Driver released again with antilag+ now disabled in ALL games.

AMD has received reports of some games triggering anti-cheat bans on gamers when AMD Anti-Lag+ technology is enabled on Radeon graphics. To address this, we have released the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.10.2 driver that disables Anti-Lag+ technology in all supported games, and we recommend gamers use the new driver. AMD is actively working with game developers on a resolution to re-enable Anti-Lag+ and to help reinstate gamers who were impacted by the anti-cheat bans. We will provide more information when available.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with the following, when adjusting the fan profile in in Adrenalin everything work fine till the next I reboot. The I get the follwing error "Default performance tuning settings have been restored due to an unexpected failure"
I originally had MSI Afterburner installed to control the fans and thought this might not be playing nicely with Adrenalin so unintalled it and used Adrenalin to control the fans and still the error comes up every reboot.

Running windows 11 if that's anything to do with it.

Thanks.

Can anyone help me with the following, when adjusting the fan profile in in Adrenalin everything work fine till the next I reboot. The I get the follwing error "Default performance tuning settings have been restored due to an unexpected failure"
I originally had MSI Afterburner installed to control the fans and thought this might not be playing nicely with Adrenalin so unintalled it and used Adrenalin to control the fans and still the error comes up every reboot.

Running windows 11 if that's anything to do with it.

Thanks.

Are you overclocking or undervolting the GPU?

It sounds like something is making the GPU restore to default settings due to being unstable.

No overlocking at all or undervolting, just changing the fan curve that's it.

Card is performing excellent no problems at all and no crashes or stupid temps.

Card is an Asus 7900XTX TUF OC.

If I leave the fans as they are I get no error messages on reboot, just tried the auto underclock for the first time and on reboot get the same error message.

Seems anything I change in the performance settings even changing the tuning preset to balanced causes the error message on reboot.

Last edited:
No overlocking at all or undervolting, just changing the fan curve that's it.

Card is performing excellent no problems at all and no crashes or stupid temps.

Card is an Asus 7900XTX TUF OC.

If I leave the fans as they are I get no error messages on reboot, just tried the auto underclock for the first time and on reboot get the same error message.

Seems anything I change in the performance settings even changing the tuning preset to balanced causes the error message on reboot.
Is this not the MS co-pilot bug causing settings after a reboot to revert?

@Amidar

IDK if it's a driver problem or Windows OS/ error reporting problem but any system errors detected causes any tweaks to be reset in Adrenaline after a reboot/power on.

The workaround is to create or apply settings per individual game profiles for fan curves/uv/oc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom