• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

TBH I haven't really played any games since Cyberpunk 2077 (Selaco doesn't really count) but thought I would give the frame gen a go. Had 15 minutes running about in CP2077, it seems very good to my non-HD eyes. Some life in my 6600XT yet

Antilag 2 supports been added to Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut

update includes game-integration for AMD Radeon Anti-Lag 2. This input-lag minimizing feature is available on AMD Radeon RX 5000 graphics cards and newer, with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 or newer drivers. When Anti-Lag 2 is enabled in the game, you can press Alt+Shift+L to enable the Radeon Anti-Lag 2 Latency Monitor.

Just tried it, it's running very well my end?

Well the update broke the game for a lot of people, there are lots of threads about it on the steam forums.

You go to launch the game and it crashes just before the launcher pops up.

Apparently the devs are aware and a fix is in the works.

Last edited:
So having real issues with driver timeouts since installing 24.7.1, it seems to be random from straight after switching on the pc, to in game crashes. It's not the same games either as a game will work fine one day then start timing out or crashing the next.

I've tried the newest preview driver see if that helps, but still the same. Will try and find the driver before 24.7.1 see if that stops it, but everything is running stock and under load gpu is not overheating.

So having real issues with driver timeouts since installing 24.7.1, it seems to be random from straight after switching on the pc, to in game crashes. It's not the same games either as a game will work fine one day then start timing out or crashing the next.

I've tried the newest preview driver see if that helps, but still the same. Will try and find the driver before 24.7.1 see if that stops it, but everything is running stock and under load gpu is not overheating.
That sucks. Have you tried a full uninstall with DDU? Using the preview driver I'm sure AMD recomends a full uninstall before switching back to any of the normal drivers.

Have you tried not running EXPO on the RAM as well just in case. Set it back to 5200 and see if the system crashes still?

What state is you PSU? Age and rating?

24.8.1, Had to use the cached version as AMD took it down as they apparently mislabelled it.

Download isn't available yet but below is what it updates, Fixes etc...

This version does not included AFMF2, Guessing we have to wait for 24.9.2 for that.

Highlights​

• New Game Support​

• Black Myth: Wukong
    • Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 Open Beta
    • Concord™
    • Star Wars Outlaws™

• Expanded HYPR-Tune Support​

• HYPR-Tune support allows HYPR-RX to enable in-game technologies like AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution.
    • Support now added to automatically configure AMD FSR 3 frame generation in:
      • Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III
      • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
      • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    • Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX
  • AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT​

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
      • Get a decrease in latency in Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT at 4K “Very High” settings of up to 28% when using AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 with frame generation with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 compared to using it without AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 on the AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT graphics card. RS-669
      • Users looking for a way to measure response time can use our Frame Latency Meter (FLM) or the built-in latency monitor in AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.
    • Check out our new blog HERE to learn about the benefits of Anti-Lag 2 and how to monitor your latency.
  • Fixed Issues and Improvements​

• Intermittent application crash may occur while playing Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess on some Radeon™ RX 6600 and 6700 series GPUs.
    • Intermittent application crash or driver timeout may occur while launching Pacific Drive or KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-.
    • Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering settings from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may fail to correctly apply for OpenGL® applications.
    • Artifacts may appear while playing certain games such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales or Rust.
    • Increased memory usage may be observed while playing certain versions of Minecraft Java Edition.
    • Improved “Optimizing Shaders” time when initially launching Forza Motorsport.

Known Issues​

• Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for 24.9.2]

Important Notes​

• AMD is working with the developers of Star Wars Outlaws™ to address an intermittent corruption issue that occurs after changing certain in-game graphics settings. As a temporary measure, users experiencing this issue may need to relaunch the game.
  • AMD is working with the developers of Black Myth: Wukong to address an issue with transparent models when ray tracing is enabled and an intermittent purple or blue corruption appearing in certain areas.
  • Click HERE for the latest AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Preview Driver 2 Preview Driver including the groundbreaking AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) 2—a major advancement in frame generation technology..

• AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.8.1 Driver Version 24.10.37.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 32.0.11037.1006).

Last edited:
That sucks. Have you tried a full uninstall with DDU? Using the preview driver I'm sure AMD recomends a full uninstall before switching back to any of the normal drivers.

Have you tried not running EXPO on the RAM as well just in case. Set it back to 5200 and see if the system crashes still?

What state is you PSU? Age and rating?
Yep full DDU uninstall, went back to June's driver 24.6.1 I think it is, and so far seems to be ok. Only had the odd driver timeout on a fresh boot. I may try removing EXPO see if it helps, but have done 3D mark and Firmark stress test on it and was fine. It's just strange as it's a new build system, so new PSU (Corsair RX1000w Shift), and didn't have any issues until seemingly installing the 24.7.1 driver. Could just be one of the unlucky ones that has driver issues with AMD GPU's, but will see how it goes on installing the driver that's just been released.

Yep full DDU uninstall, went back to June's driver 24.6.1 I think it is, and so far seems to be ok. Only had the odd driver timeout on a fresh boot. I may try removing EXPO see if it helps, but have done 3D mark and Firmark stress test on it and was fine. It's just strange as it's a new build system, so new PSU (Corsair RX1000w Shift), and didn't have any issues until seemingly installing the 24.7.1 driver. Could just be one of the unlucky ones that has driver issues with AMD GPU's, but will see how it goes on installing the driver that's just been released.
Maybes give windows the once over as well. So an sfc /scannow and perhaps a DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth just to be sure

Whats the deal with these? They don't appear to be on AMD's site, latest shown there is 24.7.1. Follow the link in the wcctech article above and it takes you to what appears to be AMD's chinese site but when you click the download link for 24.8.1 you get 24.7.1 instead :confused:

Whats the deal with these? They don't appear to be on AMD's site, latest shown there is 24.7.1. Follow the link in the wcctech article above and it takes you to what appears to be AMD's chinese site but when you click the download link for 24.8.1 you get 24.7.1 instead :confused:

Yeah best to wait for an official release, so far the info has just been either from the cached version of the site or the Chinese site which has no download.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom