• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Anyone by chance know how to make a customer res inside the AMD driver control panel that actually works ? I'm trying to get 4K working on my 1440P ultrawide, Mainly for testing purposes, And it's simply not working.

Friend of mine who has the same screen but an Nvidia GPU did it no issue.

Last edited:
Could you not use super resolution to enable higher resolution options ingame?

Check the refresh rates also when setting up custom res as that might be whats causing issues. Possibly.

You can always try that monitor tool as well if drivers overide thing aint working fully.

Last edited:
Anyone by chance know how to make a customer res inside the AMD driver control panel that actually works ? I'm trying to get 4K working on my 1440P ultrawide, Mainly for testing purposes, And it's simply not working.

Friend of mine who has the same screen but an Nvidia GPU did it no issue.

I have used it quite a lot lately and had no issues.
You don't need to create a custom resolution you just enable VSR within the driver.

You will then have a list of resolutions to pick from.

If you choose to actually create your own res the will take trial and error because all displays are different.

Last edited:
Little bit of a PSA.

If you are running MSI afterburner + Riva tuner ( primarily Riva tuner running ) and updated to the last few AMD driver updates since I think May, can't recall then Davinchi resolve would crash.

For some strange reason this crash would occur since the last few updates from AMD but the older drivers from March or April would work but with Resolve update 19, if you used an older driver sometimes it wouldn't detect a GPU at all.

Recently just removed MSI afterburner and Riva Tuner ( luckily don't need it anymore ) and this will fix the problem but honestly, this isn't the first time I've had issues with MSI afterburner + Riva Tuner in general.

But @AMDVik, I also took the liberty if trying the Pro drivers for the 7800XT (the latest one), which actually install ( and actually runs a little smoother then the most upto date gaming driver ) but this also does not detect any GPU in Davinchi resolve free version and can't figure out why.

so far when it has come to the drivers, not had issues in game for some time but Resolve recently has been a right stickler of problems.

Back
Top Bottom