• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
The next driver will have a FarCry4 Crossfire profile.

I recently submitted a list of games that needed a Crossfire profile and Assetto Corsa was one of them so if and when i have any further updates regarding this, I'll let you know.

Just remember that some games just don't work properly with multi gpu so it's not always down to the drivers. :)

Such a great news!
I am waiting for CF profile to play FC4!

Man of Honour
1 thing to note is that SWTOR has a frame cap of 111 and maxing this game out at 1080P or even 1440P is quite easy so if you have a crossfire setup the game won't really see any improvement, Even at 4K as I tested it only a few hours ago with the new expansion and performance was stellar even when using only 1 x 290X.

I run it at 3440*1440 and at times the performance is below 40 fps, sometimes lower. When this happens I see roughly 40% usage on each GPU. Using 1 or 2 GPUs seems to make no difference at all.

Caporegime
No crossfire for Dying light, AFR doesn't work either, any updates on this.?
1X290X seems to pull around 30FPS maxed 4K though.

Yes, need Crossfire for Dying Light ASAP - Nvidia already got their driver for SLI out ahead of the release.

At 4k this game looks seriously impressive.

Unfortunately at 4k this absolutely canes my PC! I had everything set to high and view distance to max and the game had highs of 35fps, averaging about 25 fps and it went as low as 10fps during an in-engine 'cutscene' (when I went to visit the Doctor in the truck to get a shot.)

VRAM usage was over 3.5GB and went as high as 3.9GB but so far it hasn't gone over that.

Weirdly, RAM usage at one point was saying 10GB! Lucky I have 16GB Ram. That might be related to the Windows 10 trial I am using but I doubt it.

So basically, it's barely playable at 4k until AMD release a Crossfire driver

Spec:

i7 5930k @ 4.4Ghz
16GB DDR 4 @ 3000Mhz
295x2 + 290x at stock speeds
SSD drive
Windows 10 (Build 9926 - Jan 2015)

Caporegime
OP
Anything on a Wolfenstein: The new order crossfire profile?

I'm afraid Crossfire does not work very well with this particular game, however you're free to try either AFR Friendly or 1x1 Optimize to see if it improves performance. Shankly indicated earlier than AFR Friendly worked fine for him. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tried AFR friendly with 3x GPU's and it ran like crap

1x1 Optimise runs better. I get an almost consistent 35fps now....still not great for 3x gpu's but better than it was. It's playable now

Soldato
Matt i hope AMD have their driver team on overtime right now, i can see lots of people swapping out their 970s for 290s and it would be a shame if got put off by any driver blips!!!! i'm not referring to anything in particular btw

If you could get those other vsr options out as well then you might have lots of happy red team fans and some new ex green team ones as well.

Oh and you might want to have a word and make sure any AMD sponsored games use just over 3.5 gb of vram on ultra...you know THEY would do it (tessellated concrete blocks anyone) ;)

Caporegime
OP
Matt i hope AMD have their driver team on overtime right now, i can see lots of people swapping out their 970s for 290s and it would be a shame if got put off by any driver blips!!!! i'm not referring to anything in particular btw

If you could get those other vsr options out as well then you might have lots of happy red team fans and some new ex green team ones as well.

Oh and you might want to have a word and make sure any AMD sponsored games use just over 3.5 gb of vram on ultra...you know THEY would do it (tessellated concrete blocks anyone) ;)

I couldn't comment on that possibility Dave and there is no way we would encourage developers to do such a thing, that is not the AMD way. However you can safely use 'all' of the available video memory on our 4gb and 8gb cards without suffering performance drops or hitching. :)

Soldato
Just a quick one, I play Titanfall, on a single GPU it is a smooth, but get some slow downs when stuff goes crazy.

However, when I enable my second GPU, I get higher FPS (As expected) but the game stutters, and just keels generally laggier, can anyone confirm this?

Man of Honour
Just a quick one, I play Titanfall, on a single GPU it is a smooth, but get some slow downs when stuff goes crazy.

However, when I enable my second GPU, I get higher FPS (As expected) but the game stutters, and just keels generally laggier, can anyone confirm this?
I gave up on the game a while ago, but Crossfire was never perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom