• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Dont know what the deal is with my 290, no matter what drivers I install now the fan has its own mind and does what it wants :(

Are you using any overclocking utilities like afterburner or trixxx?

Matt, I know I mentioned this a long time ago...

Custom resolutions - is there any likelihood AMD are looking at implementing this in their drivers?

I can work around it by using "Custom Resolution Utility", but it would be nice to have something native.

Also, being able to set a max frame rate on an individual basis per game in profiles/drivers would be wicked!

I will ask about it, as I'm honestly not sure.

Screenshot of afterburner fan control settings please sir. :)

Here you go, I had it manually on 51% as that's tolerable but it was going way way higher than that. I then changed it it to Auto while taking this screenshot and it indicated it was 20% yet the fan on the 290 is going crazy, maybe 70-80%

MeNIZuZ.png

Here you go, I had it manually on 51% as that's tolerable but it was going way way higher than that. I then changed it it to Auto while taking this screenshot and it indicated it was 20% yet the fan on the 290 is going crazy, maybe 70-80%

MeNIZuZ.png

Try using a custom fan profile, like in this screenshot below.

tj1yjRg.jpg

I don't see why AMD can't update Crossfire profiles as and when they are ready, as opposed to having to wait weeks on end for the next batch of drivers.

Purposely held off playing Far Cry 4 due to lack of Crossfire support.

I don't see why AMD can't update Crossfire profiles as and when they are ready, as opposed to having to wait weeks on end for the next batch of drivers.

Purposely held off playing Far Cry 4 due to lack of Crossfire support.

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD had a mgpu profile done for 1.6 then ubi broke it again on 1.7 leaving AMD to start over.

AMD used to do Cap profiles for game mgpu profiles but that got binned.

Hi,

When can we expect the release of new driver ? i have a crossfire of r9-290 and it's not enabled in Dying Light :( :(

I already try to create a custom Crossfire profile of AFR Friendly or 1x1 Optimize but it doesn't work :(

Any advice ?

When using Mantle in BF4 i have found a good balance of settings to stop the stuttering. However I can literally watch the VRAM usage creep up and after about 10 - 15 minutes the VRAM maxes out and the game hard crashes, has to then be closed with task manager. mantle is buttery smooth when it works.

When using Mantle in BF4 i have found a good balance of settings to stop the stuttering. However I can literally watch the VRAM usage creep up and after about 10 - 15 minutes the VRAM maxes out and the game hard crashes, has to then be closed with task manager. mantle is buttery smooth when it works.

That used to happen with my Tahiti LE, to stop it i set the Texture Quality to medium, that stopped it filling the buffer.

Hi,

When can we expect the release of new driver ? i have a crossfire of r9-290 and it's not enabled in Dying Light :( :(

I already try to create a custom Crossfire profile of AFR Friendly or 1x1 Optimize but it doesn't work :(

Any advice ?

same, i have two 280x's and i got crossfire working when using afr but its very bad, makes textures like blood splatter on screen flicker loads!!

dying light are working on a patch or fix crossfire, its a game issue not really amd

Back
Top Bottom