• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Just a quick one, I play Titanfall, on a single GPU it is a smooth, but get some slow downs when stuff goes crazy.

However, when I enable my second GPU, I get higher FPS (As expected) but the game stutters, and just keels generally laggier, can anyone confirm this?

I gave up on the game a while ago, but Crossfire was never perfect for me.

1x1 Optimize should work quite well with this game, so I'd recommend giving that a try in the meantime.

Caporegime
OP
Ok, I will try it later and report back.

I was using the default AMD profile, any idea what settings that uses as standard?

I'm not sure, sorry.

I've held off buying dying light until 4k resolution is playable on a 295X2. This is hopefully a priority as it would appear to be one of the games of the year.

I'm waiting for my copy then i can see what's what.

Soldato
I couldn't comment on that possibility Dave and there is no way we would encourage developers to do such a thing, that is not the AMD way. However you can safely use 'all' of the available video memory on our 4gb and 8gb cards without suffering performance drops or hitching. :)

Couldn't they put the boot in a just a little bit?

Soldato
We want new drivers now, what do we want....:D

Sorry Matt, new Driver Day is like a Red Letter Day. always lots of goodies within.

Shh Matt's dealing with all the new members of team RED, he's going to have a busy few weeks hopefully.

It's a pity he can't bring forward the launch of the freesync monitors as well as a little welcome gift for them as well

Caporegime
OP
Shh Matt's dealing with all the new members of team RED, he's going to have a busy few weeks hopefully.

It's a pity he can't bring forward the launch of the freesync monitors as well as a little welcome gift for them as well

What Matt needs to a vendor persuader.

I must be getting old, because i have no idea what that is. :D

Soldato
A whip of some kind? ;)

Just tried the AFR1x1 setting on Titanfall, the stutter was still present along with flickering textures. Sigh, it was worth a shot I guess lol.

Soldato
Matt, new driver for FC4 mgpu, get on the driver teams back, it needs something to at least help alleviate some of the stutter.

Just tried the AFR1x1 setting on Titanfall, the stutter was still present along with flickering textures. Sigh, it was worth a shot I guess lol.

Titanfall mgpu should be 1 to 1 optimise and disable or set shadows to low iirc, been a while since I played it but no harm in giving it a try.

Caporegime
OP
A whip of some kind? ;)

Thanks Russell, we're looking at improving our Titanfall profile. As and when i have anything more on this, I'll post about it here.

Matt, new driver for FC4 mgpu, get on the driver teams back, it needs something to at least help alleviate some of the stutter.

Titanfall mgpu should be 1 to 1 optimise and disable or set shadows to low iirc, been a while since I played it but no harm in giving it a try.

Tommy i mentioned earlier in the thread, the next driver will have a Farcry 4 profile. :)

Soldato
Matt, I know I mentioned this a long time ago...

Custom resolutions - is there any likelihood AMD are looking at implementing this in their drivers?

I can work around it by using "Custom Resolution Utility", but it would be nice to have something native.

Also, being able to set a max frame rate on an individual basis per game in profiles/drivers would be wicked!

Back
Top Bottom