• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Matt, it seems that the Crossfire profile on the 280X for Catzilla is not working. Had to force a custom profile to get it working.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Matt, any chance of some SWTOR attention?

What do you mean?

There's been a memory leak like this on and off for the HD5 series since BF3. Was always fixed, then broken then fixed then broken etc. BF4 however never got fixed, although last time I played I didn't actually get the leak. Occurs only on map change though not all the time, always consumes ram like the cookie monster eats cookies, and of course since W8 does a hybrid shutdown you need to either do a full shutdown or a restart to clear it.

Yes i think this may be fixed in the next driver.

Man of Honour
What do you mean?

Crossfire doesn't work in the game, hasn't for a long time. I am unsure if it's a game issue or driver issue, but a lot of people with AMD cards have said it's not worked properly for well over a year.

I'm aware the game uses crap code so it may not be the drivers fault, but if there's any optimisation that can be done it would be greatly appreciated.

Caporegime
OP
Crossfire doesn't work in the game, hasn't for a long time. I am unsure if it's a game issue or driver issue, but a lot of people with AMD cards have said it's not worked properly for well over a year.

I'm aware the game uses crap code so it may not be the drivers fault, but if there's any optimisation that can be done it would be greatly appreciated.

Duly noted will investigate as it's not a game I'm familiar with.

Associate
Matt, any word yet on whether we're getting a fix anytime soon for sound crackling (DPC latency issues, really) with CF + Vsync on + multiple monitors? Either vsync off, or turning extra monitors off is still the only real solution. (Though I've found a much less annoying workaround for now by putting my 2nd monitor on the iGPU instead).

Caporegime
OP
Matt, any word yet on whether we're getting a fix anytime soon for sound crackling (DPC latency issues, really) with CF + Vsync on + multiple monitors? Either vsync off, or turning extra monitors off is still the only real solution. (Though I've found a much less annoying workaround for now by putting my 2nd monitor on the iGPU instead).

Can you setup your trust account so i can send you an email please.

Soldato
Hi Matt, I'm having a weird issue with a couple of games and would love some advice. I was playing assetto corsa (there are a few others but I can't remember which just yet) and while both 290s were under full 99% load, my 2nd gpu just sits at idle clocks. I disabled ULPS, which then meant it sat at 300mhz, which was the new idle clock anyway. So before I start mucking about uninstalling drivers etc, is there anything obvious I should try?

Still stuck dealing with that DPC latency issue as well. Reported it yonks ago, and it's getting really frustrating having to disable my 2nd monitor every time I want to play a game :/

Soldato
Hi Matt, I'm having a weird issue with a couple of games and would love some advice. I was playing assetto corsa (there are a few others but I can't remember which just yet) and while both 290s were under full 99% load, my 2nd gpu just sits at idle clocks. I disabled ULPS, which then meant it sat at 300mhz, which was the new idle clock anyway. So before I start mucking about uninstalling drivers etc, is there anything obvious I should try?

Still stuck dealing with that DPC latency issue as well. Reported it yonks ago, and it's getting really frustrating having to disable my 2nd monitor every time I want to play a game :/

AC is well known for not supporting xfire.

Try some of the stuff in this thread, but don't get your hopes up too much for it to cover all bases.
All of these fixes seem to work great in hotlap/practice, yet as soon as you chuck in a bunch of AI or other players, your usage will drop.

I did have some success with the Radeon Pro solution though (in conjunction with the BF4 profile) and have it running all three cards with everything maxed out, 8xAA set in the ini and VSR @3200x1800 with a full grid of cars at a pretty steady 70fps or so. Could and should be better, but hey...
YMMV and good luck :)

Apparently, AMD don't see the matter as being urgent enough or AC as being popular enough to warrant their attention for a proper xfire profile.

To be fair, given the way that most of the in game apps break xfire, I can see it being a right pain to implement.

Last edited:
Soldato

1 thing to note is that SWTOR has a frame cap of 111 and maxing this game out at 1080P or even 1440P is quite easy so if you have a crossfire setup the game won't really see any improvement, Even at 4K as I tested it only a few hours ago with the new expansion and performance was stellar even when using only 1 x 290X.

Soldato
AC is well known for not supporting xfire.

Try some of the stuff in this thread, but don't get your hopes up too much for it to cover all bases.
All of these fixes seem to work great in hotlap/practice, yet as soon as you chuck in a bunch of AI or other players, your usage will drop.

I did have some success with the Radeon Pro solution though (in conjunction with the BF4 profile) and have it running all three cards with everything maxed out, 8xAA set in the ini and VSR @3200x1800 with a full grid of cars at a pretty steady 70fps or so. Could and should be better, but hey...
YMMV and good luck :)

Apparently, AMD don't see the matter as being urgent enough or AC as being popular enough to warrant their attention for a proper xfire profile.

To be fair, given the way that most of the in game apps break xfire, I can see it being a right pain to implement.

Ah cheers, I was just thrown by the fact that it was using my 2nd gpu. Normally I would expect to see 0 utilisation in unsupported games. Will have a twiddle with those options. I find framerate suffers most where the stands are.

Caporegime
OP
The next driver will have a FarCry4 Crossfire profile.

I recently submitted a list of games that needed a Crossfire profile and Assetto Corsa was one of them so if and when i have any further updates regarding this, I'll let you know.

Just remember that some games just don't work properly with multi gpu so it's not always down to the drivers. :)

Associate
Is there anything you can do about Rome 2 Matt? No matter what settings I change my 290x in CF won't run 100%. In fact, whatever settings I change, something different always happens. Don't know if you can help me here

Caporegime
OP
Is there anything you can do about Rome 2 Matt? No matter what settings I change my 290x in CF won't run 100%. In fact, whatever settings I change, something different always happens. Don't know if you can help me here

Yes the Rome 2 crossfire profile is not working properly, I reported this previously. I will chase it up and come back with an update.

Back
Top Bottom