• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Question for AMDMatt

What happened to the performance in the Bowling simulator last night

17117522532_49c706eeca.jpg

Hang on was in the real world:)

loser__by_dmlxo21-d4yl9jt.png
Losing to you was one thing Max, but losing to Gem and Shelly will haunt me forever!

Soldato
Dont think so, After a year or so website tend to do a driver comparison between the card release and then but not every driver release.

@AMDMatt

Can you say if we are getting a driver for release of GTA V or if your not allowed to tell us (I have no idea why you wouldn't be) can you say? or maybe we don't need one and the driver now already is optimised but I doubt it.

The silence is awful, if you are not allowed to say anything please suggests to your bosses that they need to re-think how they communicate with the community.

Caporegime
OP
@AMDMatt

Can you say if we are getting a driver for release of GTA V or if your not allowed to tell us (I have no idea why you wouldn't be) can you say? or maybe we don't need one and the driver now already is optimised but I doubt it.

The silence is awful, if you are not allowed to say anything please suggests to your bosses that they need to re-think how they communicate with the community.

Already answered Finners.

We will have the best available optimisations in our latest catalyst releases for launching game titles.

When our next driver is ready, I'll post here like i normally do.

Soldato
All I want is elite crossfire currently.

I don't think I will be changing card any time soon despite getting frustrated, as they are under water, a pain to get out, and tired of losing so much selling gpu's on all the time...

But if amd don't sort their act out with drivers and crossfire fairly sharp, I will be moving back to nvidia next time I upgrade and will likely stay there.

I don't like nvidia as a company, and don't normally think swearing off a brand is sensible, but they are simply more n the ball with keeping customers supported and informed. Even if they are simultaneously shafting them.

Though, that will hopefully only be next year some time. Unless amd really **** me off

Soldato
They definitely have Drivers for GTA ready, the game must have been ready ages ago.. They've delayed it 100 times so not sure how it can't be.

I told myself i'm not playing the game until i get my College Project finished so as long as the game is working by then, i'm a happy bunny! Was a very stupid idea pre-ordering and preloading the game though. :(

Soldato
They definitely have Drivers for GTA ready, the game must have been ready ages ago.. They've delayed it 100 times so not sure how it can't be.

I told myself i'm not playing the game until i get my College Project finished so as long as the game is working by then, i'm a happy bunny! Was a very stupid idea pre-ordering and preloading the game though. :(

Come on you know you are going to cave in! there is no shame in it ;)

Now get on with that college project and you can play without any guilt.

Soldato
Come on you know you are going to cave in! there is no shame in it ;)

Now get on with that college project and you can play without any guilt.

I have no real desire to play it, I've already completed it twice. I'm just here for the graphics and to actually try online. I had no friends on Xbox to play with so i thought this would be a good opportunity to try it.

I'm trying but it's hard not to get distracted when your computer doubles as your gaming device :(

But yes, i will cave.. Probably Tuesday night when i get back from work :rolleyes:

Soldato
So 14.12 is still the most recent whql? How can a driver from December possibly be ready for GTA5?

13.11 beta 6 had GTA5.exe inside the driver way before GTA was known to be coming to PC. :p

GTA 5.exe Found in Binary Code of Every AMD Catalyst Driver Update

Just a few months ago, AMD released its 13.11 Beta 6 Catalyst drivers with support for its newest graphics cards R9 290X and R9 290. The driver update also added improved game performance for Batman AO along with some optimisation code for GTA 5.

Following the AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta 6 release, the GTA 5 game-driver optimisation code has appeared in all subsequent AMD driver updates.

This is another strong reason why PC release for GTA 5 is almost guaranteed.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gta-5-top-five-reasons-imminent-pc-release-1432568

Caporegime
Matt whats the chances of GVR becoming a part of CCC or in some other way supported and developed by AMD.

Raptr is ok but becoming bloated and i can't record what i want with it, my own project for example, because its not in their listings.
Judging by the responses to requests to open it up it doesn't look like they are going to budge.

Last edited:
Soldato
Matt whats the chances of GVR becoming a part of CCC or in some other way supported and developed by AMD.

Raptr is ok but becoming bloated and i can't record what i want with it, my own project for example, because its not in their listings.
Judging by the responses to requests to open it up it doesn't look like they are going to budge.

Are you not able to use OBS to record instead?

Soldato
Don't know if this is driver related but this has started happening randomly, it started happening when I installed my second screen. The second screen has faint orange lines down it. Only way to get picture back is to shut off and restart.

IMG_20150409_173607.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom