• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Was fine with crossfire disabled.

Memory usage was around 4.4GB

Actually was surprised ho well one card ran everything at 4K

Interesting.

Can you try deleting the Mantle Cache files from the My Docs/BF4 Folder.

Re-enable Crossfire.

Load up BF4 and see how it goes again.

If problems persist, try tweaking the Frostbite Mantle frame pacing option. Default is 1, but you can try option 2 as well for smoother performance at the expense of lower fps.

Bring up the console and type RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 2 and hit enter.

Soldato
Interesting.

Can you try deleting the Mantle Cache files from the My Docs/BF4 Folder.

Re-enable Crossfire.

Load up BF4 and see how it goes again.

If problems persist, try tweaking the Frostbite Mantle frame pacing option. Default is 1, but you can try option 2 as well for smoother performance at the expense of lower fps.

Bring up the console and type RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 2 and hit enter.

Was going to try.... But the game down now :/

Oh well, tomorrow I guess.

Caporegime
OP
Task manager is open but nothing is showing. If I play in DX it's a lot better.

Can you try clearing the cache folder and then resetting the video settings to default and trying again.

It's hard to diagnose the fault as you're within video memory tolerances.

Is the Origin overlay disabled?

Caporegime
OP
Which cache?

My Docs, BF4, Mantle pipeline cache. It's unlikely to make a difference, but worth trying.

Does it occur with one card? If not then it could be something Dice will need to fix.

I don't see this when running 1/2/3/4 cards in Mantle, so it's hard to suggest solutions. The only difference is i have 8gb cards, but as you're within tolerances it's unlikely to be that.

Associate
Please could I requests a fps limiter to be included in a future driver update, it would be a great feature. I am always using dxtory for it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
There is no set date for the driver, but as soon as it's ready I'll post it here. Back when Omega was released we set a rough estimate of February as the next release.

Back
Top Bottom