• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
No microstutter in GTA V? Lol.

Single card, 100% utilisation, two cards, no VSYNC...I get this. Take one guess where the frame stutters happen tend to happen...

8qY2dh0.jpg

(Screenshot-ception, a friend and I were whatsapping how bad it was :))

R9 290x Crossfire. Biggest waste of money, ever. Hoorah :)

not having 100% utilisation in cf means most likely theres bottlenecking somewhere (cpu and or low res)

if i run 4k res with everything at max i get around 95-100% utilisation on both cards in GTA V

Last edited:
Associate
@Humbug Agreed. Besides theres an AMD VCE build of OBS now, and that can be used to record replays. In somewhat better quality than the Gaming Evolved client too imo.
New OBS for AMD using new and different VCE API. But it have two problems.
1)Record only in 30fps.
2)Don't have normal programm priority. If your CPU is full-loaded you will have video with heavy stutters.

Official hiring of RadeonPro programm is still a horrible disaster. If we don't have it's functional in drivers soon, we will have no basic functions like Dynamic Vsync at all.

@AMDMatt Can you tell us any info about new programms with Dynamic Vsync for Windows 10? Is there any chanse that AMD will close useless Raptr thing and allow John Mautari release RadeonPro Infinity?
Sorry if my question sound offensive, can you give us any info about support of advanced features like Dynamic Vsync for AMD drivers in windows 10?

Associate
Yeah, tho i would like AMD to make a proper client of their own, something thats integrated into CCC

OBS is actually very good program, except of things I mentioned. Quality is great and customisation is very good. Except they don't have color range config like OpenEncodeWF have.
Actually OBS is better than Shadowplay.

Associate
New OBS for AMD using new and different VCE API. But it have two problems.
1)Record only in 30fps.
2)Don't have normal programm priority. If your CPU is full-loaded you will have video with heavy stutters.

Official hiring of RadeonPro programm is still a horrible disaster. If we don't have it's functional in drivers soon, we will have no basic functions like Dynamic Vsync at all.

@AMDMatt Can you tell us any info about new programms with Dynamic Vsync for Windows 10? Is there any chanse that AMD will close useless Raptr thing and allow John Mautari release RadeonPro Infinity?
Sorry if my question sound offensive, can you give us any info about support of advanced features like Dynamic Vsync for AMD drivers in windows 10?

Hmm, odd. I streamed Mass Effect 2 (turned off crossfire as one HD7850 is more than sufficient for this) using OBS (17th March build) using the VCE encoder and it was definitely at 60fps with minimal CPU usage.

One thing it can't do is 60fps video when crossfire is in use and the frame rate is capped to 60fps, OBS can only record from one of the two cards resulting in 30fps.

We definitely need the RadeonPro features one way or another, CCC is seriously lacking in that department (though the tesselation tweak is nice ;)).

Soldato
not having 100% utilisation in cf means most likely theres bottlenecking somewhere (cpu and or low res)

if i run 4k res with everything at max i get around 95-100% utilisation on both cards in GTA V

Mines the same swaps 100% and 0% usage between cards and causes micro stutter.

High settings 4k res.

After installing the win 10 drivers and disabling pagefile it did seem to fix it now having 16gb ram

Associate
@p5ychonaut
Maybe they have more than 30fps in new build. Last used OBS a month ago.
Tesselation tweak was there for years. The journalists are real pain, because now averyone now speaking about this feature, and nvidia owners want such feature too.
Seriosly, Witcher 3 is absolutely fair for AMD cards. Even Hairworks is absolutely fair, because Nvidia is really more than twice faster in tesselation.
Presence of tesselation for no practical reason in Hairworks is a separate topic.

Soldato

No, Matt won't be able to tell you anything about upcoming stuff. he's only allowed to tell us what we already know anyway.

I guess Roy's little fumble about the release of new drivers is an example of why. If they say anything it's gets taken as 100% fact and then causes a ****-storm if it's not released or not released exactly how someone said it might be.

Soldato
The witcher 3 is fine with AMD cards. I was getting between 30 and 35 fps @ 3440x1440 with everything maxed apart from hairworks turned off. For a single 290 that's pretty good I would say. It's just a shame I cant use crossfire and get around 50fps instead which would obviously be much better. Plus I tried a modified ini tonight but it gives me about 20fps. Crossfire working would make that actually playable.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The witcher 3 is fine with AMD cards. I was getting between 30 and 35 fps @ 3440x1440 with everything maxed apart from hairworks turned off. For a single 290 that's pretty good I would say. It's just a shame I cant use crossfire and get around 50fps instead which would obviously be much better. Plus I tried a modified ini tonight but it gives me about 20fps. Crossfire working would make that actually playable.

Link please :D

Back
Top Bottom