• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I have lower tier single gpu cards stomping me in performance, whether I use 1 gpu, or 2. I can't explain reasons why that is the case. I know the 7990 I have is not among the best of 7990's (in honesty it's been more trouble than it's worth), but it should not perform as bad as it does, even with just 1 gpu.

You should be getting more than that at those settings. My 7990 runs at 30 odd fps with everything on ultra minus hairworks off and some post processing rubbish off like blur, sharpen, aberration off. I'm running a xeon 5650@4Ghz if that would make any difference, my res is 1920x1200. The card isn't overclocked either.

I've given up on AMD and I've been with them since the 9700 Pro's back in 2001 iirc. They came good with the GTA drivers but awaiting news of Witcher 3 ones is just painful. Next GPU will most likely be from the other side.

You still have the same driver problems from the other team, check the thread. Although they do seem better at getting them out for new games.
Although it must be a busy time for them, as they have to get drivers ready for the new cards and for windows 10. Lets hope it improves as much as they say with windows 10.

All this hate towards Matt is proper disrespectful tbh... Amount help he has given this forum and all you can do is talk crap about him.

He can only update here from information he is given! He doesn't work on drivers he a AMDRep! Information is passed to him when he gets it..

Without information What Do You Expect Him To Tell You??

Give it a rest!

Has for you Nvidia Trolls that keep coming in here to twist things, Just get the hell out if you have nothing better to say..

All this how can you trust AMD anymore? Cry
Will you buy another GPU from AMD? Cry
Etc, Etc SHUT UP!

Single GPU configuration is perfectly fine! Buying another GPU isn't going to effect anyone. AMD is clearly going from a ruff time with these amount Nvidia titles "KEY WORD" "Nvidia"

Games that SHOCKER Nvidia worked on the development! If I re-call this has happened to Nvidia users in the past, Think back to Tomb Raider after release Nvidia users had to wait while Nvidia worked also n Drivers... Sure the turn around might been faster on the wait but also AMD title was much less!!!

/Rant

P.S Bloody Grow up some of you!

Last edited:
All this hate towards Matt is proper disrespectful tbh... Amount help he has given this forum and all you can do is talk crap about him.

He can only update here from information he is given! He doesn't work on drivers he is own AMDRep! Information is passed to him when he gets it..

Give it a rest!

Has for you Nvidia Trolls that keep coming in here to twist things, Just get the hell out if you have nothing better to say..

Etc, Etc SHUT UP!

Single GPU configuration is perfectly fine! Buying another GPU isn't going to effect anyone. AMD is clearly going from a ruff time with these amount Nvidia titles "KEY WORD" "Nvidia"

Games that SHOCKER Nvidia worked on the development! If I re-call this has happened to Nvidia users in the past, Think back to Tomb Raider after release Nvidia users had to wait while Nvidia worked also n Drivers... Sure the turn around might been faster on the wait but also AMD title was much less!!!

/Rant

So we are being disrespectful by asking for updates and showing our disgust for the state of affairs with crossfire profiles and drivers. When has anyone in this thread made it in any way personal to Matt?

We paid for products which are currently not performing how they were sold to us. Our hate right now is towards AMD and not Matt, the idea of putting pressure on Matt is that he hopefully feeds our comments back. I'm sure Matt knows that. You seem to be awfully defensive, you should drop the barrier and stop hating on those who are unhappy with AMD's current communication and driver support. You seem to be showing a total lack of respect for those who are unhappy with a product that they bought from AMD, which we paid bloody good money for!

Last edited:

He can only update here from information he is given! He doesn't work on drivers he is own AMDRep! Information is passed to him when he gets it..

Give it a rest!

I totally agree. Matt does what he can, always seems to help with game issues and if not tries to chase it up.

Always been very helpful If i need him. And he isn't always on here because he does actually have a job to do!

Matt is one of the good guys :)

I think there's a thin line here. Matt is the face of AMD for us, so all our displeasure with AMD is of course directed through Matt. However, we must be careful to not direct it at Matt as, with all due respect, in cases like this he is just an AMD mouth piece.

He can only update here from information he is given! He doesn't work on drivers he a AMDRep! Information is passed to him when he gets it..

Give it a rest!

Etc, Etc SHUT UP!

/Rant

You write that and tell everyone else to grow up? :D

Matt knows he's going to get flak, it's his job, he can cope!

Matt will appear when the drivers do.

The drivers will appear when they are ready ;)

If the above posts were triggered by my own then I would like to say that I agree from observation that Matt is very helpful and that was true even when he wasn't employed to represent AMD. The unfortunate issue here though does appear to be one of communication and Matt will catch some flak as he is our contact for AMD.

I work in a customer service role myself so I understand
how frustrating it can be to be a go-between where one side demands answers and the other has none to give.

No harm intended. Peace :cool:

Back
Top Bottom