• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Blu-ray software.

iDeer works fine, but iDeer lacks 21:9 support. Arcsoft is the only software to use for 21:9.
Blu-ray playback on PC is abysmal in terms of support, but Arcsoft had been almost perfect by itself.

Using 8.1 Drivers on my W10 install is fine. Arcsoft works as normal. But soon as any W10 driver goes on, either from the W10 Updater, or the newly released AMD Driver, it's a no go.

Windows 8.1 seems to be there latest compatible OS. So i guess you going to need wait for them to update the software to be fully compatible with Windows 10..

Caporegime
i been playing bf4 all day and its been fine with 15.7 xfire, it could be the admin kicking you for a vip player try playing on a empty server to see if it still happens

Def. not admin kicking me, happening every 1-2 rounds, different servers.

Got this message as well:

ERROR
Origin could not get code (-5df6fe70): Server error: Bad Request

Checked my internet ping etc. and it is fine :/

Soldato
My S3 Pro on the Intel IGP and Windows 10's fine.
My AMD GPU on W10 on the 8.1 Drivers works fine.

AMD GPU on W10, W10 drivers, and it doesn't work.

These thing happen in software.. Without support and release an updated version to work with AMDs new driver than they isn't much you can do..

Its like how I can run some Windows 7 programs in compatibility mode on Windows 8.1 to get them to work. But that don't mean they fully support Windows 8.1..

Until the Software list compatible with Windows 10 you going to experience some issue.

Try running on Windows 10 but in compatibility for Windows 8.1 if you can still do that? This might force the program to work.

Caporegime
So, it's on the developer to fix when AMD's driver is what causes the issue?
Standard. Don't know why I expect anything different.....

It's funny how it's a different stance if it's a software update that causes an issue with pre-existing and working AMD Drivers.

It's just the same thing all again with you Shanks, it's always anything but AMD. I give up.
It's the AMD Driver breaking compatibility. And the whole point of using Beta stuff is to report what breaks what. Which is what I'm doing :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
15.7 totally breaks my system. Everytime I run something 3d my clocks jump up and down and it freezes for a second, runs for a second endlessly. Completely fine on 15.6 beta.

8.1 fully updated
Stock and overclocked 7990 tried - still broken
DDU'd and fresh install of 15.7
Afterburner enabled and disabled - no difference
UPLS off

Any ideas?

Soldato
So, it's on the developer to fix when AMD's driver is what causes the issue?
Standard. Don't know why I expect anything different.....

It's funny how it's a different stance if it's a software update that causes an issue with pre-existing and working AMD Drivers.

It's just the same thing all again with you Shanks, it's always anything but AMD. I give up.
It's the AMD Driver breaking compatibility. And the whole point of using Beta stuff is to report what breaks what. Which is what I'm doing :p

Like I said to you the problem is the program compatibility is windows 8.1.. It works with drivers designed for Windows 8.1..

For it to work with AMD windows 10 drivers the software will need updating to fix this..

Now do you understand? Like I said try running in compatibility mode and see if that works around it.

Caporegime
It works with AMD's 8.1 Drivers on Windows 10. Not that Windows 10's anything special, it was a planned Windows 8 update (Probably under the 8.2 moniker), but because people have terrible memories, they forget ; http://91.151.218.11/showthread.php?t=18590906.
It works with Intels Windows 10 Drivers, it doesn't work with AMD's Windows 10 driver.

Obviously you're just going to say "AMD ftw", so we'll end this, and I'll throw you back on the ignore list.

Good talk.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair enough can't say I didn't try. Even give you a work around.. If that isn't helping out I don't know what is.

I have windows xp programs they won't work on Windows 8.1 is that also AMDs fault.

Caporegime
Fair enough can't say I didn't try. Even give you a work around.. If that isn't helping out I don't know what is.

I have windows xp programs they won't work on Windows 8.1 is that also AMDs fault.

That's not the same thing. You're being silly.
Arcsoft works on Windows 10. It just doesn't work with AMD's W10 driver, it works with Intels W10 driver.

:confused:

Bye.

Soldato
15.7 totally breaks my system. Everytime I run something 3d my clocks jump up and down and it freezes for a second, runs for a second endlessly. Completely fine on 15.6 beta.

8.1 fully updated
Stock and overclocked 7990 tried - still broken
DDU'd and fresh install of 15.7
Afterburner enabled and disabled - no difference
UPLS off

Any ideas?

try reverting to older drivers and see if problem goes away. Then try new drivers but don't use DDU, just install.

Soldato
That's not the same thing. You're being silly.
Arcsoft works on Windows 10. It just doesn't work with AMD's W10 driver, it works with Intels W10 driver.

:confused:

Bye.

Because the Program is wanting to find at Windows 8.1 driver lol You giving it a Windows 10 driver that its not compatible with!

My God its not rocket science.

Thought you was blocking me? :eek:

Soldato
Can definately see improvements in Windows 10 and all the beta drivers coming together with these, just went from the 1023.10 to the 15.7 Cats, and the FireStrike score is the highest my machine has got, 11116.

Not bad for a single R9 290 :)

Back
Top Bottom