• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Martini1991 - saw a post in the Windows section a few weeks ago about blu-ray software (I use PowerDVD for my Win7 HTPC but I hate paying for every update). Leawo have now made their blu-ray playback software free, so it might be worth trying that.
http://www.leawo.com/blu-ray-player/

No idea if it supports W10 or 21:9 (although the page does list Win10 compatible), but as it's free you've got nothing to lose to try it if you haven't already.

Soldato
Hi guys,
I got a BSOD error this morning "system thread exception not handled (atikmdag-sys)" and the only thing that has changed on my PC is installing the new AMD driver. Does anyone know what might be going on?:confused:

Cheers. :)

Soldato
Last couple patches for Raptr been rock solid for me.. Not had a single game not record or crash..

I did used to get a conflict with MSI AB and CSGO though but since I disabled AB for CSGO I not had the problem since..

So just for an heads up if Raptr is crashing a game etc just make sure you not also running other OSD software, because it could very well clash with each other.

Soldato
New F1 2015 benchmark.. Windows 7 - All Ultra settings @1080p except for AA option is TAA only. (SMAA or SMAA+TAA just makes it even more blurry)

min_fps="56.005264"
max_fps="93.646774"
avg_fps="88.083794"

min_fps_ms="17.855465"
max_fps_ms="10.678425"
avg_fps_ms="11.352826"

And here is the in-game High setting @1080p/TAA

min_fps="70.365349"
max_fps="101.274437"
avg_fps="88.699791"

min_fps_ms="14.211540"
max_fps_ms="9.874160"
avg_fps_ms="11.273984"

I did make some changes to the hardware settings file..

<postprocess motionBlur="false"
godRays="true"
depthOfField="false"
lensStreak="true"
lensFlare="true"
bloom="true"
rainBeads="true" />

This game is a mess right now, all textures in the distance look proper blurry when the car is moving until u stop and even then it isnt crisp at all for the textures in the distance, this bench was using 2969MB of VRAM with my 3GB card so i suspect some sort of BF4/Mantle effect going on here, its like they dumbed down the textures because they're using too much VRAM. No F1 game usually uses this much VRAM. And the endless random crashing is a pain in the ass, alt-tab = a resolution change to 1920x1200 every time for me.

Seems like Anisotropic Filtering doesnt work at all, so much blur everywhere i look.

There is so many complaints with this game around the internet, i read 75% of people are not happy with it.

Hoping for some hotfixes to mend this junk cuz right now im not happy with it at all, DayZ runs better than this title at the moment and thats saying something :eek:

Anybody running this game on an Nvidia card? I'd like to see if there is any difference in the image quality i'm getting on my AMD card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys,
I got a BSOD error this morning "system thread exception not handled (atikmdag-sys)" and the only thing that has changed on my PC is installing the new AMD driver. Does anyone know what might be going on?:confused:

Cheers. :)

Well my PC hasn't BSOD again yet (touch wood!) but another thing I have noticed since updating to latest drivers is upon waking the machine from sleep, my screen stays black like its not detecting a video output from the PC.

I appear to be the only one having issues though so not sure what is going on TBH?

Caporegime
Well my PC hasn't BSOD again yet (touch wood!) but another thing I have noticed since updating to latest drivers is upon waking the machine from sleep, my screen stays black like its not detecting a video output from the PC.

I appear to be the only one having issues though so not sure what is going on TBH?

No your not, or perhaps an unrelated issue but i have had that no signal black screen a few times, mainly in my Sand Box Editor but never in game so i though it might be a problem with that, and yet then one day it did it in World Of Warships.

And it wasn't that it was just black screening and freezing the PC, sometimes on starting the PC up again the Motherboard wouldn't recognise the GPU, error beeps and lights.

Its strange that it seemed to be totally random, it would go for days without issue and then one day it would do it over and over again.

As i say it only ever did it once in a game, since then i have swapped over the 6 and 8 pin power leads from the PSU, that was a few days ago and its not done it since.

I don't know if any of that is familiar to you? or probably something more serious at my end, i hope not, touch wood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom