• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Permabanned
Please report the Core Clock fluctuation issue using the following form. Please include reproduction examples so we can reproduce the issue. Include details of games that the issue occurs on. Include details like What Radeon Settings you are using FRTC, FreeSync, Frame Pacing etc. What causes it and what fixes it. We've had very few bug reports about this issue and of course we want to fix it. Don't reply to me here, leave a report here.

I did it straight away.
It's mainly games like Call of Pripyat, In DX11 and DX9 the game runs between 300 and 600 mhz.

My fans seem to be fine it's just certain games are running at sub 30 fps due to the core clocks not reaching 600 a lot of the time and never going higher.

I removed MSI AB and Trixx so at the minute I have gpu-z running so I can check the fans,
They were switched off to start with as they should be so I started Furmark and 5 minutes later it's managed to reach 73 degrees with a 37% fan, The fans kicked in once the temp reached 60. That all seems to be running as it should be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn0n6m0cji236rx/Screenshot 2015-11-30 20.54.32.png?dl=0

Last edited:
Associate
I have just caught a hot thread on this fan/driver amd issue, thought I would visit here for help.

I actually bought and installed a new 390x and download the latest drivers on Saturday should I be concerned?

Soldato
I haven't updated (still on 15.7.1), shall I not update anything until they sort all this out?

The last catalyst driver was 15.11.1 beta. It features better support for the new games such as Fallout 4 and Blacks op 3. At least upgrade to that while we wait for more stable crimson drivers.

Back
Top Bottom