• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Due to technical issues with the website, if you have trouble downloading the driver from the above link, please try this link.

Resolved Issues with AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update

Star Wars™: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
Star Wars™: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire™ performance may be experienced
The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
The label range values in some AMD Freesync™ installations may be incorrect
The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
The AMD Overdrive fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
Cnext crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
Overdrive fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
Cnext does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations

Known Issues with AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update:
Total War™ : Rome II : Choppy gameplay may be experienced
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Frame freezing during gameplay may be experienced
Just Cause 3 - The system may hang when task switching on systems with AMD CPUs and GPUs
Just Cause 3 - Flickering may be experienced during gameplay and on menu screens
Anno 2205 - Water splatter may flicker during in Ultra high mode on 4K displays
Fallout 4 - Gameplay may be choppy in AMD Freesync™ mode in Ultra mode at 1440p resolution

AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates bug reports received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

Soldato
I havn't downed them, these ones are the fan fix.

They fix a lot of other stuff too. The Witcher 3 crossfire profile seems to have improved and is almost as good as the old Catalyst driver. Farcry 4 is totally smooth now..great stuff. Need to test some more but so far so good.

Last edited:
Associate
Am i missing something,i dont see any new drivers on the link amd matt provided,they are the same drivers i already have the crimson drivers date 24th nov 2015.

Or are the updated drivers the 15.11.1 beta date 30th nov 2015.

Strange thing is my amd 7870 has none of the problems you guys are having with fan control and clock settings,with the crimson drivers.

Soldato
Am i missing something,i dont see any new drivers on the link amd matt provided,they are the same drivers i already have the crimson drivers date 24th nov 2015.

Strange thing is my amd 7870 has none of the problems you guys are having with fan control and clock settings,with the crimson drivers.

Scroll down.
yeah 15.11.1

Soldato

A. Not all cards are affected.
B. Could be wrong but maybe the 7000 series are now considered legacy.

I know my 6450 is and I don't see the update Crimson driver when I check.

---

Oops my bad is is showing up.

Soldato
Quick test of FO4 seems to show that the clock bouncing i was getting is now fixed, good stuff AMD.

Now just keep it going, CF profiles, further driver improvements, Crimson is looking good, but Raptr needs some work.

Permabanned
I've uninstalled my drivers and then installed the new beta tonight and it makes no difference to my core clocks in Stalker :(

I'll report it and give it a while while I muddle on with the mod work but if it's not solved soon I'll give up.
Spending close to 450 quid on a graphics card and having it fail to run a 6 year old DX11 game properly is disappointing.
Surely they can't be expecting people to hang around when it's like this.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979
I've been choosing other when it asks for my graphics card because there is no Fury, Just a Fury X or Nano.
Obviously I write it in the box below but ffs can't they even get the lists right,

Last edited:
Associate
Downloaded and installed, seems ok though a few little niggles with the process.

Monitor went black and stayed that way, no biggy as turning it off/on kicked it back into life. Only mention it as I've never had that before.
Some desktop icons got randomly moved, happens a lot but seemed really random this time!
cnext app crash within about min of updating but was getting that on the previous version as well.
Fonts in FireFox went screwy, though a reboot has sorted that.

Quick Heaven bench with GPU-Z open in the background seemed ok.

Bit late to do any real gaming/testing now as off to bed but have some new SSDs arriving tomorrow, so can finally download a couple of games I've picked up recently and going to finally get around to giving Win10 a go. :)

Associate
Did someone updated through the driver?
RHPRLkf.png
Mine saying it's up to date.
Sorry for russian - there is no language selection option in crimson.

Last edited:
Associate
Driver has only just come out, so they've probably not updated the update servers with it.

But it's probably more likely that the app will only offer official drivers and not betas.

Associate
Driver has only just come out, so they've probably not updated the update servers with it.

But it's probably more likely that the app will only offer official drivers and not betas.

I'm sure driver have update for beta. AMD releasing WHQL 2-3 times a year.
Don't want to delete auto game profiles again, so I'll wait until update will work and test new update feature.

Back
Top Bottom