• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
the latest image I posted was using the latest Crimson driver and Crossfire, and before the game update I think. Although can't recall seeing Origin update the game but if it was running in the background, then it might well have updated the game also. Who knows, least it's fixed now on single card. Now just gotta wait a few months for them to get crossfire working pffffffft

Soldato
Just tried out the Crimson drivers. A bit miffed that the crimson thing is another application on top of the CCC and when I want to do something 'advanced' like adjust overscan, it opens up CCC anyway... what was wrong with just having CCC arrghh I don't having pointless applications :(

Soldato
Just tried out the Crimson drivers. A bit miffed that the crimson thing is another application on top of the CCC and when I want to do something 'advanced' like adjust overscan, it opens up CCC anyway... what was wrong with just having CCC arrghh I don't having pointless applications :(

In the pcper video the devs said these things will move over to Crimson in near future has development moves on..

They said they wanted the most important things inside the Crimson software first.

Associate
Still get a black screen with the hotfix driver as soon as I load into windows :(

Have to roll back pre-crimson drivers.
I got this with this new version too, i didn't in the previous gpu killer release. Opened up taskrmgr and ran explorer no issues, reboot several times since and now back to normal. Just that first restart black screen.

Just testing performance now...

Associate
Well they cured some of the issues and introduced some new ones...

Project Cars now has stable clocks, Far Cry 4 still doesn't have stable clocks (not as bad as before though) and now has artefacting not seen in any previous drivers. GPU temp 79c so within limits.

Rolling back to the previous 15.10 CCC's again, not playing this 'drivers' game any more. AMD not doing itself any favours.

Soldato
I have just installed the crimson drivers and everything is fine if accept for the desktop colour. I manually set these but every time I restart pc, it uses the default colours until I run the CCC window. Think I will have to go back to the previous drivers, because its going to drive me mad having to open the CCC window for the colour settings to change.:mad:

Soldato
Tested some Batman AK tonight just see how things are. Had to disable CrapWorks to keep Frame rate in between 50/60 "I don't notice any difference in the rain effects?"

@1440p all rest maxed out I was very surprised how well it ran. This was right at the start in the city you can fly about etc does the game get more demanding? Didn't have a single bit of stutter etc is was very smooth running Freesync capped at 60fps with Vsync

Soldato
In the pcper video the devs said these things will move over to Crimson in near future has development moves on..

They said they wanted the most important things inside the Crimson software first.

no issue with that but why not make it functional and working and wait for the release until its done? why release a half baked software?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom