• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Thank you AMD.. thanks for taking away my ability to change the gamma. How you did this from the first to the latest Crimson driver is beyond me.. GG.

I dont usually have driver problems but THIS is something that will make me move to the other side.

The gamma settings are in the old style panel if you go preferences> Radeon additional settings under Desktop Color.

I never change that anyway so didn't notice if it was there in the new interface or not but all the old panel options will eventually be migrated to the new interface afaik.

I dont see it man, it was in additional settings in the first Crimson release, did they move it?

The Gamma under Desktop colour works for me just tested. Went and over done it, load up game..

There for me
15.11.1 Crimson
Untitled.jpg

I'll go back to that driver then, typical of software being released when it isnt even completely finished/stable/working as intended. Seems to be the trend for a few years now.

Not being funny but have you thought its just your install of the driver bugged? Like I said remove that driver and re-install.

Honestly why are people so fast to blame driver and not do basic system testing? if the setting is there for me what does that tell you?

honestly man

Not being funny but have you thought its just your install of the driver bugged? Like I said remove that driver and re-install.

Honestly why are people so fast to blame driver and not do basic system testing? if the setting is there for me what does that tell you?

honestly man

Its there after reinstalling the driver, maybe it should have been there the first time i installed the driver. Not being funny but the driver should install properly upon the first install. I shouldn't have to be reinstalling a driver more than once to get it to work right.

Makes me wonder what else a first install fails to install for other people and not just me.

AMD need to get their **** together, like i said before i have never really had any major problem with AMD and i never use DDU, even just now. But when a driver fails to install all functions of the driver package on the first install then they're testing before a driver release is just not good enough especially after they hype it up so much just to let some people down.. it gives a bad impression on them, not me.

Its there after reinstalling the driver, maybe it should have been there the first time i installed the driver. Not being funny but the driver should install properly upon the first install. I shouldn't have to be reinstalling a driver more than once to get it to work right.

Makes me wonder what else a first install fails to install for other people and not just me.

AMD need to get their **** together, like i said before i have never really had any major problem with AMD and i never use DDU, even just now. But when a driver fails to install all functions of the driver package on the first install then they're testing before a driver release is just not good enough especially after they hype it up so much just to let some people down.. it gives a bad impression on them, not me.

How did you install the first time? just over the top? or did you remove the old driver and then install?

I'm not breaking my Win 10 with DDU (I never use DDU) i'll try reinstalling Crimson.

All that's needed is run DDU and uninstall the drivers completely. I've had some driver problems in the past and DDU makes sure every remnent of a driver is removed. If you are worried about messing up windows then create a system restore point before running DDU.

The desktop color option missing points to a driver bug or bad driver install. Maybe to do with multiple monitors (eyefinity) too so worth disconnecting one monitor and see if option appears.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom