• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
I there a problem with the 15.9.1 BETAs and Dirt Rally ?

As im getting weird flashes while running the benchmark, just after the start line, i get a quick flash of a red tall starting post right in the middle of the screen, and when the cameras changing, inside, out, steering, bonnet etc..., i get a quick flash of weirdness, and when going past the digger by the logs, i get a quick flash of a grey screen, with what looks like the distance, checkpoint marker on the left, running through the middle, left to right.

Will be trying the Crimsons again tomorrow though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What a mess this is - nvidia fanboys must be ****ing themselves laughing. lol AMDMatt disappeared of face of the planet with all these issues.

No surprise there. Don't worry, as soon as AMD have something good to announce he will be back. lol

Sad, but it's the way AMD roll these days. It only makes me potentially picking up pascal when it comes out to be an easier choice :o

Associate
I there a problem with the 15.9.1 BETAs and Dirt Rally ?

As im getting weird flashes while running the benchmark, just after the start line, i get a quick flash of a red tall starting post right in the middle of the screen, and when the cameras changing, inside, out, steering, bonnet etc..., i get a quick flash of weirdness, and when going past the digger by the logs, i get a quick flash of a grey screen, with what looks like the distance, checkpoint marker on the left, running through the middle, left to right.

Will be trying the Crimsons again tomorrow though.
It does 'flash' when the camera changes view, that's with all the drivers i've tried (15.10 currently) up to and inc Crimson.

I also find the DR benchmark is very sensitive to overclocking.

Associate
Is it worth popping the Crimson Hotfixes on, or do they still have major problems ?

15.11.1 driver sorted my over heating issue with the fans spinning too low, however still sits at 1080mhz on the core all the time, power management is no longer working so never drops to 300-500 like it did when I first got the 390x

Caporegime
Hotfixes?

Yeah the ones that fixed the fan issue, 15.11.1s.

15.11.1 driver sorted my over heating issue with the fans spinning too low, however still sits at 1080mhz on the core all the time, power management is no longer working so never drops to 300-500 like it did when I first got the 390x

Hmm, been reading about quite a lot of problems with them still, i might just hold off till another set arrives, thanks.

Soldato
For the record, I've had no issues with the Crimson driver so far (touch wood). I did find it more frustrating than the old CCC to set and unset Eyefinity as it doesn't give me an express option, but I've now solved that I've got it back to a couple of clicks to do.

Still plays all the games I'm currently playing as well as any other driver (and better than others for Just Cause 3), allows Afterburner to control my clocks and GPU fan speeds as I want, and allows Speedfan to read the GPU temps to control my case fans.

I do genuinely think that if you go looking for people with issues with anything, you'll find them because people only post threads on the internet when they have issues - understandably, you hardly ever see "I installed something and it worked fine" posts. :) I'd say it's worth giving the 15.11.1 a shot and see if they play nicely with your setup or not.

Caporegime
For the record, I've had no issues with the Crimson driver so far (touch wood). I did find it more frustrating than the old CCC to set and unset Eyefinity as it doesn't give me an express option, but I've now solved that I've got it back to a couple of clicks to do.

Still plays all the games I'm currently playing as well as any other driver (and better than others for Just Cause 3), allows Afterburner to control my clocks and GPU fan speeds as I want, and allows Speedfan to read the GPU temps to control my case fans.

I do genuinely think that if you go looking for people with issues with anything, you'll find them because people only post threads on the internet when they have issues - understandably, you hardly ever see "I installed something and it worked fine" posts. :) I'd say it's worth giving the 15.11.1 a shot and see if they play nicely with your setup or not.

Yeah i tried the originals, and the only problem i seemed to have with those was the clock bouncing, although i didn't have them on long enough to see if there were any other problems :p

Associate
Yeah i tried the originals, and the only problem i seemed to have with those was the clock bouncing, although i didn't have them on long enough to see if there were any other problems :p
With the release of AB 4.2 i'm going to revisit using the latest Crimson release as the main issue i had was variable GPU clocks. Will be interesting to see if the STALKER series is fixed which was the main culprit together with FC4.

Soldato
By ripple effect you mean like screen tearing? If so then maybe something to do with the gpu refresh rate not matching you monitor's 60Hz.
No idea how to check though since Crimson removed all the resolution/rate settings and you now have to use windows for that.

What? Thats nuts. Windows frequently has no idea what the correct resolution should be until its forced in CCC. If they've removed that its a major headache. Along with Hotkeys.

Associate
i get screen tearing in 2d (web browsing) with my sapphire fury tri-x windows 10 with Crimson and Catalyst (reinstalled), display port @ 1080p. Windows 10 was a clean install in jul and used DDU for both Crimson and Catalyst installs. super annoying.

Back
Top Bottom