• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Obvious questions, have you rebooted since installing the drivers (mine took two reboots after installing drivers for Crossfire to work)? Also, what game are you using to test if Crossfire is working as some recent ones like Just Cause 3 and Arkham Knight don't support it? And are you running the game in Full Screen mode rather than Windowed or Borderless Windowed?

Associate
Obvious questions, have you rebooted since installing the drivers (mine took two reboots after installing drivers for Crossfire to work)? Also, what game are you using to test if Crossfire is working as some recent ones like Just Cause 3 and Arkham Knight don't support it? And are you running the game in Full Screen mode rather than Windowed or Borderless Windowed?

Hi yes done the re boot, so this is what I have done to test so far ..

Run each card on the own ( both worked just fine )
Swapped them round
Removed ( DDU ) and reinstalled the std crimson driver and the new beta version ..

my system had 2 7970's in it before these two cards but I have only run these cards on crimson.

Can someone link me to the last stable drivers before Crimson as I cant seem to find them on AMD's site ??

OMG ... Just had a Doh! moment ... I had the disks that these came with ill just use the driver off there to test with ....

well using the disks didn't work as windows 10 didn't like the driver ....

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
So just removed Ab and rebooted and re installed and its now working in my Arma 3 test both GPUs Are being used ... ill stick with the 15.11.1 drivers for now until they iron out the kinks in Crimson.

What is a good bench tool to test the CF on ??

Soldato
Just ordered my new 4k tv and wanted to check on what i asked earlier.
If i use the normal HDMI that i have my pc connected to my tv right now ill only get 4k @30Hz right?
Theres no way at all to get 4k @ 60hz without buying one of those club3D display port to hdmi 2.0 connecters that i cant even find for sale anywhere lol.

Associate
Just ordered my new 4k tv and wanted to check on what i asked earlier.
If i use the normal HDMI that i have my pc connected to my tv right now ill only get 4k @30hz right?
Theres no way at all to get 4k @ 60hz without buying one of those club3D display port to hdmi 2.0 connecters that i cant even find for sale anywhere lol.
Correct 4k @ 30hz via hdmi as it stands, i'm too waiting for the Club 3d adaptor to do the same thing :)

Soldato
Thats a shame theres nothing available yet for that. Ill probably try it at 30hz just to see how it looks but cant imagine playing it for long on that without it doing my eyes in.

Associate
Thats a shame theres nothing available yet for that. Ill probably try it at 30hz just to see how it looks but cant imagine playing it for long on that without it doing my eyes in.

tbh a lot depends on the type of game and if you can hit a constant 30fps or not. So something like a 3rd person game, using a pad at a locked 30 is do-able but for something like a driving game, or something more fast action you can always just run 1080p @60Hz, as long as any TV upscaling doesn't add too much lag.

Either way you're getting 4k at 30 or 1080p at 60 and still - most of the time - getting a better experience than the console equivalent. :)

Soldato
Isnt it more just the flicker of 30hz that is uncomfortable. 30fps console games are fine but low refresh rates just make things uncomfortable.

Soldato
Thanks for that..

I am now on the 15.11.1 drivers and I still have no CF even though CCC sets it and windows refreshes after applying it AB still shows the card at 0% ....

I am totally lost with what to do next as I think I have done everything I can think of ....

You created custom profiles?

have you tried removing AB? I did and I am using Asus GPU Tweak now.
I have sorted the flickering in games, by making the 2D clock speeds same as the 3D speeds. However there is flickering still on desktop when I alt tab (and only then)

However latest Crimson are working ok. (with the above changes ofc)

Back
Top Bottom