• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
I remember you saying two to three weeks ago, we can expect the new drivers sometime in February. Can you comment on this other than the "released when ready" phrase?

AMDMatt said:
There is no set date for the driver, but as soon as it's ready I'll post it here. Back when Omega was released we set a rough estimate of February as the next release.

We'll release them when we're happy that they're ready for our customers.

Soldato
We'll release them when we're happy that they're ready for our customers.

but giving us (the customers) an idea on the progress of the drivers. would help the customers.

just saying We'll release them when we're happy that they're ready doesn't give the customers any information and or the progress of the drivers.

giving information like the driver are not ready just yet because we found some bugs or an issue, that would give the customers an idea on why it's taking so long.

Associate
but giving us (the customers) an idea on the progress of the drivers. would help the customers.

just saying We'll release them when we're happy that they're ready doesn't give the customers any information and or the progress of the drivers.

giving information like the driver are not ready just yet because we found some bugs or an issue, that would give the customers an idea on why it's taking so long.

Exactly this.

Caporegime
OP

The reason the driver has not been released is because it's not ready yet.

Last edited:
Soldato

but saying that doesn't give the customers any information and or the progress of the drivers hence why customers are moaning and some want to jump over to nvida due to this..

i'm sure if you are like other customers not knowing u would feel the same

Last edited:
Soldato
I think there is a few who run Crossfire and want to be able to use both cards in some of the games they have.

Exactly. I'm a crossfire user, and I cant get the performance I want without graphic artifacts in Far Cry 4 (a game that was bought for me as a Christmas present), so I'm waiting for the new driver. It's frustrating.

Soldato

I think we all understand that :)

I think all anyone wants is to at least have some idea of why its taking so long.

If you can't say anything maybe you could track down someone who could at least hint at something on twitter maybe?

Soldato
I can see why AMD gpu owners are getting restless. However an EVEN bigger issue for me that I have observed from afar, due to owning an Nvidia card, is the length of time that AMD drivers stay in beta, as opposed WHQL.

That would drive me more insane.

Caporegime
OP
but saying that doesn't give the customers any information and or the progress of the drivers hence why customers are moaning and some want to jump over to nvida due to this..

It gives as much information as I'm allowed to give due to NDA Gareth. When the drivers are ready, I'll be posting them here and informing everyone, as i have done every month or so prior to the 14.12 Omega launch.

Back
Top Bottom