• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I had the same issue, I removed 16.2 and ran DDU then reinstalled 16.2 and it was fixed..
if its the same issue has mine just after Windows 10 logo the screen would remain black screen?
This isn't an Overclock issue its a driver issue I dont overclock my GPU.

I run DDU everytime i upgrade m8, ive never had a blackscreen at stock volts. Doesnt suprise me that you were getting them though without using DDU, i remember when i upgraded to win10 the first time, was blackscreen central. :)

A clean install stopped all that though, i dont think win10 likes it when ya install new drivers over old ones.

I had the same issue, I removed 16.2 and ran DDU then reinstalled 16.2 and it was fixed..
if its the same issue has mine just after Windows 10 logo the screen would remain black screen?
This isn't an Overclock issue its a driver issue I dont overclock my GPU.

Thanks for the suggestion but its defiantly overclock with voltage issue with these drivers for me. I've had it with every version of crimson and I used DDU multiple times when crimson first came out trying to fix it.

I can replicate it easily. To test I just bump my speeds up by 5mhz in AB, Dont have it to start with windows or automatically apply overclock.

Shut down the PC, restart and open up GPU-Z and I can see the clocks are still 5mhz faster. For what ever reason crimson or AB with crimson isnt resetting the clocks when shutting down or crimson is applying them on start up.

Thanks for the suggestion but its defiantly overclock with voltage issue with these drivers for me. I've had it with every version of crimson and I used DDU multiple times when crimson first came out trying to fix it.

I can replicate it easily. To test I just bump my speeds up by 5mhz in AB, Dont have it to start with windows or automatically apply overclock.

Shut down the PC, restart and open up GPU-Z and I can see the clocks are still 5mhz faster. For what ever reason crimson or AB with crimson isnt resetting the clocks when shutting down or crimson is applying them on start up.

Mmm ok am not sure then mate

I have a 7990 and I've recently installed Crimson Edition and 16.2 software version. I'm having problems with crossfire, one of the gpus is primary and the other is disabled. I also can't find where to enable crossfire. I ran a benchmark and the score was that of a single 7970.

Is anyone else having problems with the new Crimson edition and/or updates?

Any help with be greatly appreciated. :)

If ya open Crimson and hit display then additional settings you get the normal CCC window and you can check crossfire there and enable the logo that says when it's on.

as the only issue i have with my GPU is core clock bouncing i have stuck with 16.1.

apart from that the crimsons have been fine for me, just need to remember to run AB before i start up games otherwise its choppy at times and doesn't run too well.

From the Legit Reviews Fury review :(

http://www.legitreviews.com/xfx-radeon-r9-fury-triple-dissipation-video-card-review_179202/11

Until AMD can provide a fix for the clock rate issues at higher resolutions we can’t suggest to our readers that the AMD Radeon R9 Fury video card is worth buying. The stuttering and crashes were pretty severe and we had a better gaming experience on the XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB video card that we reviewed last month. The AMD Radeon R9 Nano and AMD Radeon R9 Fury X samples that we tested also did not exhibit this strange behavior.

I don't get it, AMD has driver revisions which do not have clock issue. How hard is it to back track it???

i have yet to find a set of drivers which fix this and i have tried multiple versions of the drivers a long with non crimson ones as well.

until its fixed i have to use AB

i have yet to find a set of drivers which fix this and i have tried multiple versions of the drivers a long with non crimson ones as well.

until its fixed i have to use AB

I cant even use AB to lock mine, have to use another program to force maximum 3d clocks. You'd think they would listen to the community wouldn't you, it's been like 4 months now and still no fix. You'd think a power saving thing would be easy to remove wouldn't you....it's almost like they are butthurt over ppl wanting more performance and no power saving as they mustg have been really pleased with that feature. pfffffffffffft

I don't get it, AMD has driver revisions which do not have clock issue. How hard is it to back track it???
Agreed! Prior to Crimson the drivers by enlarge were solid and functional. With the introduction of Crimson things went pear shaped for many.

The Star Wars Battlefield conclusion summed it up perfectly for me:

http://www.legitreviews.com/xfx-radeon-r9-fury-triple-dissipation-video-card-review_179202/7

It was actually nice to see someone other than the community raise the issue. For me it's a big feather in the cap for Legit Reviews :).

But there was no issues with pre crimson drivers. First reports came in when crimson got rushed to the public.

Yes fury clock problems came with Crimson drivers when they introduced that new powertune mechanics. It's a great feature on paper, it's just not working like it should at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom