• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I've had my two 290xs for a fortnight now, and I honestly cannot complain about crossfire drivers.

With that said, I've been extremely busy so I haven't gamed a lot, and the newest game I've played is DA:I, which I know is particularly well-optimised for AMD cards. But even older stuff which I'd heard was extremely problematic was running flawlessly for me, Witcher 2, Dark Souls II, AC:IV. 60 FPS constantly at 3200x1800 :p

Soldato
Come on amd, at least tell us what the delay is all about.

If it's something awesome, shout it from the roof tops.

Mind you, I'm suddenly not sure why I care. Had one day off since 23rd feb, and did an 85 hour week last week, and this week not shaping up well, so god knows when I can use them anyway.

Soldato
It plays very well for me, but you must take into account the higher resolution and if you have any AA applied which may just be too much for a single card in some games.

I now know why.. I totally forgot to town down the settings a little. Turned AA down and it's fine now. Cheers.

I'm going to stay at 1080p, i can't even see a difference!

Soldato
Come on amd, at least tell us what the delay is all about.

If it's something awesome, shout it from the roof tops.

Mind you, I'm suddenly not sure why I care. Had one day off since 23rd feb, and did an 85 hour week last week, and this week not shaping up well, so god knows when I can use them anyway.

From the Q&A thread

1. Will the driver on the 19th be on time and will it be BETA or WHQL?
Yes, this driver has been scheduled for some time. The 19th is a firm date.

This will be a non-WHQL as with many of our recent postings, but rest-assured, this driver will have received an extensive amount of testing by the time it gets posted.

Would indicate its not delayed at all, just its not actually due yet :)

Associate
scheduled for release 2 days after bf hardline. I hope it all goes wrong and hardline and gta v run like crap on release. Im glad i didnt buy any new games since before christmas.

Back
Top Bottom