• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
We're aware thanks folks. Someone will be sentenced to 30 whips for this misdemeanour!

EDIT Just to be clear, this is a joke. We'll rectify this glitch in the file name.

Last edited:
Soldato
We're aware thanks folks. Someone will be sentenced to 30 whips for this misdemeanour!

EDIT Just to be clear, this is a joke. We'll rectify this glitch in the file name.

And lash someone for the missing bug report page. And the Wattman crash at boot up when using hybrid sleep/suspend.

Soldato

Can you whip somebody at Microsoft for me aswell please.. getting sick of them choosing which AMD drivers i need installed, and i even have the hardware option set to 'no'.. really pee'ing me off that they choose to change the drivers 'i want' installed.

I installed 17.4.2 last week.. noticed i have 17.1.1 installed today.

Really M$ !?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Can you whip somebody at Microsoft for me aswell please.. getting sick of them choosing which AMD drivers i need installed, and i even have the hardware option set to 'no'.. really pee'ing me off that they choose to change the drivers 'i want' installed.

I never get this issue, wonder why it happens to some. Strange.

Caporegime
OP

The name of the package is wrong, the MS update driver is actually 17.4.1 despite it saying 17.1.1.

If you turn off automatic device updates, MS should not force it onto your system.

Soldato
The name of the package is wrong, the MS update driver is actually 17.4.1 despite it saying 17.1.1.

If you turn off automatic device updates, MS should not force it onto your system.

Thats the same option in the Hardware Tab right? Device Installation Settings? If so then its off already.

Btw Freesync isnt working in DayZ with Borderless Mode.. any chance this can be fixed with a driver update?

Cheers.

Soldato
My pc works great with all drivers up to 16.11.5, all 17.xx.x drivers don't work for me.
For example GTA 5 on 16.11.5 works perfect with crossfire and eyefinity, any 17 will give me HUGE stuttering, floating clocks, low fps and crashes.
I understand if it was one or a couple of drivers, but any 17.xx.x driver gives me the same problem.

Associate
For people that don't want MS to update AMD Driver by default, or were having issues where MS would ignore your blatant request!
(Assuming you are using Windows 10 and on the latest built (I'm on 15063 in this example).
  1. When installing the drivers uncheck 'automatic device updates' on the final screen.
  2. Edit Group Policy (Please note this will stop all device drivers from updating) search for and open 'Gpedit.msc'.
  3. Administrative Templates >Windows Components > Windows Update.
  4. Double click 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update'.
  5. Select 'enable' and 'apply'.
This has worked for me, I'm still rocking a 7950 (wating for Vega :o) and some of the 7.XX.X drivers were causing crashes and overheating (In World of Tanks).

Soldato

Very glad I switched to using WSUS.

I haven't had a driver update in a while, I assume all these recent ones are still beta or something? Crimson tells me 17.4.4 is the latest still, it doesn't offer any "optional" updates either.

Caporegime
AMD Radeon Crimson 17.6.2 Beta

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSONRELIVE-17.6.2

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition is AMD's advanced graphics software for enabling high-performance gaming and engaging VR experiences. Create, capture, and share your remarkable moments.

Effortlessly boost performance and efficiency. Experience Radeon Software with industry-leading user satisfaction, rigorously-tested stability, comprehensive certification, and more.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.2 Highlights

Fixed Issues:
Performance in DiRT4™ when using 8xMSAA is lower than expected with the latest game build.

Known Issues:
Graphical corruption may be experienced in Tom Clancy's™: Rainbow Six Siege when MSAA is enabled.
Adobe™ Lightroom may experience an application crash with GPU acceleration enabled on Windows® 7 system configurations using Radeon RX 390 Series graphics products.
A small amount of apps may experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.

Known Issues for Radeon ReLive:
The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.

Package Contents.

The Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.2 installation package contains the following:

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.2 Driver Version 17.10.3211.1011 (Windows Driver Store Version 22.19.171.257)

Caporegime
@shankly1985

What settings are you using for relive?

Like Tony, I was also messing around with it earlier but wasn't too impressed wit the the quality with everything at max, looks like the video was heavily compressed (only seen the copy saved to my hard drive as the yt version is still processing but I imagine it will look the same?)

Also, what's your connection speed? With max settings, it isn't really ideal for MP streaming I find but I guess that will be the case for anything that involves uploading and playing online FPS shooters where your connection is being maxed.

Soldato
@shankly1985

What settings are you using for relive?

Like Tony, I was also messing around with it earlier but wasn't too impressed wit the the quality with everything at max, looks like the video was heavily compressed (even the copy saved to my hard drive)

Also, what's your connection speed? With max settings, it isn't really ideal for MP streaming I find but I guess that will be the case for anything that involves uploading and playing online FPS shooters where your connection is being maxed.

I use 1080p 60fps 10mbps for Relive
My connection is 80mb and 20mb upload I only use half my upload speed so playing online isn't an issue ping jumps up couple ms

Here is Prey and Ryse son of Rome Streamed with Relive, I playing through SOMA atm but Relive dont work with OpenGL so I using Action for that game.

Prey
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgsVPkxuVe8H81LKUxX-sSjofKQEamJFN
Ryse
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgsVPkxuVe8Fu57Hwo03z36AQe_G2U3ps
Rising Storm 2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgsVPkxuVe8Hmt1quy4i0M07-f1Wv_h4i

Soldato
My pc works great with all drivers up to 16.11.5, all 17.xx.x drivers don't work for me.
For example GTA 5 on 16.11.5 works perfect with crossfire and eyefinity, any 17 will give me HUGE stuttering, floating clocks, low fps and crashes.
I understand if it was one or a couple of drivers, but any 17.xx.x driver gives me the same problem.
Same story for The Evil Within on any driver post 16.11.xx - don't know about crossfire but just trying to play the game normally and it microstutters every few seconds - completely unplayable.

Caporegime
I use 1080p 60fps 10mbps for Relive
My connection is 80mb and 20mb upload I only use half my upload speed so playing online isn't an issue ping jumps up couple ms

Here is Prey and Ryse son of Rome Streamed with Relive, I playing through SOMA atm but Relive dont work with OpenGL so I using Action for that game.

Prey
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgsVPkxuVe8H81LKUxX-sSjofKQEamJFN
Ryse
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgsVPkxuVe8Fu57Hwo03z36AQe_G2U3ps
Rising Storm 2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgsVPkxuVe8Hmt1quy4i0M07-f1Wv_h4i

These are the settings that I used:

PdXqR2R.png

ISOPrkW.png

My connection is 220mb and 20mb up (using a 3rd party asus router and hardwired into it) but definitely was laggy I found, what are your youtube stream settings under youtube settings?

Saw a post on reddit about using certain settings depending on your res. in order to avoid youtube compression:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5heunu/how_to_avoid_youtube_compression_with_relive/

Soldato
These are the settings that I used:

PdXqR2R.png

ISOPrkW.png

My connection is 220mb and 20mb up (using a 3rd party asus router and hardwired into it) but definitely was laggy I found, what are your youtube stream settings under youtube settings?

Saw a post on reddit about using certain settings depending on your res. in order to avoid youtube compression:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5heunu/how_to_avoid_youtube_compression_with_relive/

I dont have archive stream enabled that will record and stream at the same time maybe this why you experiencing lag?

Enable DVR Viewers will be able to seek up to 4 hours back while you are streaming ticked
Make archive unlisted when complete ticked
low latency mode

Caporegime
I dont have archive stream enabled that will record and stream at the same time maybe this why you experiencing lag?

Enable DVR Viewers will be able to seek up to 4 hours back while you are streaming ticked
Make archive unlisted when complete ticked
low latency mode

Ah ok, have turned that off now, will try again later, thanks.

Had all those other settings already.

Back
Top Bottom