• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Couldn't get the performance metrics or overlay working earlier, but I may well have tried Ctrl+Shift+O before trying Alt+R.

Turned pc on later in afternoon, started up Redout and pressed Alt+R, all is well again.

Guess I'm getting the bug mentioned earlier.

Soldato
Having other trouble with AMD link. I have to constantly reconnect to my PC. Also none of the ReLive functions work apart from seeing my saved clips. I also can't link my YouTube account to it, just does nothing after I click allow on the permissions screen

Associate
I'd like to give these drivers another go but with all the bugs people are reporting im just gona hold off and see what happens with the next update.. and for some reason 17.11.4 give me almost 500 more points than 17.11.2 in Firestrike Standard Bench :)

These new drivers deffo broke Enhanced Sync for me though, like a slideshow with it enabled.

Soldato
Sadly until this is fixed the OSD within the drivers is pointless if you own a Fressync monitor. PUBG and GTA5 are both games I have seen this happen so far in my testing.

Sorry about image quality this was the only way i could record the tearing. @AMDMatt is this known to the driver team?

Caporegime
@TonyTurbo78 @LoadsaMoney can you guys test Osd with Freesync? I know you guys have same monitor.

I had no problems with Freesync while playing Prey with the OSD on, thats when i could get the OSD to work, so i don't use it now, its just got too many problems, ive had it crashing, going back to the desktop with the Overlay on the right when trying to activate, my frames plummeting instead, when trying to activate, so i get tearing like ****, as the frames are too low etc...., so im back to using Afterburners RTSS.

Last edited:
Soldato
No issues for me here with the adrenaline drivers. OSD display working for majority of games I've tried without issue although it doesn't seem to work with Origin games, maybe because they have their own OSD FPS counter enabled?

Soldato
I am having trouble with FreeSync. 144hz monitor. Limit my FPS to 144 in Radeon settings. However in Siege with Freesync on it stutters ever so slightly and FPS varies between 80 and 144. Turn it off and voila no micro stutters and 144fps basically locked. Chill is off. All a bit weird.

Caporegime
Against my better judgement I went and put the new drivers on, DDU etc.

When I click the relive tab, nothing happens, it just won't load/show the relive window.

290 windows 10 64 bit

Associate
Against my better judgement I went and put the new drivers on, DDU etc.

When I click the relive tab, nothing happens, it just won't load/show the relive window.

290 windows 10 64 bit

I had that after just installing (clean install, which doesn't require a reboot after the installation). After a reboot it's working fine though.

Soldato
And relive still causes massive FPS drops despite not recording/streaming in bf 1, needless to say once deactivated, no FPS drops.

This is known, Battlefield 1 ReLive needs more than 4GB.
Battlefield 1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.

From what I understand this has never been fixed. I couldn't record battlefield 1 either with my old 290, it flys on the RX vega though :p

Caporegime
This is known, Battlefield 1 ReLive needs more than 4GB.
Battlefield 1 may experience UI flickering and/or performance drops when recording gameplay with Radeon ReLive on graphics products with 4GB or less of VRAM.

From what I understand this has never been fixed. I couldn't record battlefield 1 either with my old 290, it flys on the RX vega though :p

Even when not recording etc.?

Is that just for this game and is it something that will get fixed?

Back
Top Bottom