• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
I get that too with Vega....obviously another driver bug :rolleyes:

I was getting the crashes also, another reason i went back to RTSS for displaying them, it just seems hit and miss.

Pity, Do you both send AMD bug info? I forgot so I'm going to go do it now :)

Here you go

http://www.amdsurveys.com/
:D

Oops wrong form, so where's the new one? :rolleyes: (It is the right one they just haven't updated it yet).

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If anyone finds the performance metric overlay crashes in some games, try bringing it up using Alt+R (Radeon Overlay) and toggle the feature on. We are looking into a bug that triggers the crash in some games, it may be related to enabling the performance metric overlay via a hotkey.

Associate
Try downloading the latest firmware for the monitor from the Samsung website. It's on version 1016.2 now.

Yea, I have upgraded to the latest firmware.

Sorry I did forget. Display Pilot shows what my current refresh rate is running at when I load up a game.

Thanks, man.

In Mafia 3 try this, it's what works for me......when in the game turn off your monitor then turn it back on.......initially I'm on 60Hz then once I turn the monitor off then on I'm on 144Hz....this is on Asus MG279Q with DP connection.

Both of this games i can get 144hz only with windows mode, but if use windows mode the Freesync will not work and this games can not play with borderless mode.
I will try it, thanks.

Soldato
When I enable the instant replay feature, it absolutely murders a few of my games performance. Well, I say performance, stutters and hitches all the time would be more accurate, but the fps meter still showing 100+fps. Turn it off and games are fine again. The main ones for this are Forza 7 and FH3, so maybe a Windows thing.

Soldato
17.10.3 running nice and stable for me :D ;)

Give it a few months and maybe these new drivers will be stable :p

stop being a hater all the time...Reason why your ancient driver is still good, is because of your ancient rig, they go hand in hand :)

These latest ones are great for gaming, few of the functions don't work at all for me, like the phone app and the instant replay feature, but as performance and stability goes, they've been bloody brilliant so far.

Caporegime
stop being a hater all the time...Reason why your ancient driver is still good, is because of your ancient rig, they go hand in hand :)

These latest ones are great for gaming, few of the functions don't work at all for me, like the phone app and the instant replay feature, but as performance and stability goes, they've been bloody brilliant so far.

Stability = heaven

:D

AMD just need to get 2 people working on the drivers instead of one, poor matt must be having his balls busted :p

Caporegime
@LoadsaMoney Monitor switched on first time. In fact both did.

If anyone finds the performance metric overlay crashes in some games, try bringing it up using Alt+R (Radeon Overlay) and toggle the feature on. We are looking into a bug that triggers the crash in some games, it may be related to enabling the performance metric overlay via a hotkey.

YAY! :D

Soldato
Just downloaded AMD link. Can see all my ReLive videos , is there a way to play them on your phone? I can only upload them to Facebook/ youtube.

Hopefully you haven't overlooked a massive feature.

Back
Top Bottom