• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
So far, not been able to get Ctrl+Shift+O or Alt+R working.

Sapphire R9 390 Nitro

Fullscreen Games.

Press Alt+Z to bring up perfomance monitoring.

After not being able to get this working yesterday, including Alt+R, I had another go this morning.

I "reset" one or two of the AMD Control Panel options, not that I had changed much, and hey presto it now works! :)

Caporegime
Anyone having monitor problems with these ?

Got the BenQ XL2730Z, connected by DP, when im going to be away from my rig for a bit, like when im going for food etc...., i like to turn my monitor off, but on these drivers, when i turn it back on, i just get a Black screen, so have to hard restart.

Soldato

Got the BenQ XL2730Z, connected by DP, when im going to be away from my rig for a bit, like when im going for food etc...., i like to turn my monitor off, but on these drivers, when i turn it back on, i just get a Black screen, so have to hard restart.

I can give this a test tonight, I'll leave my PC on over night and turn off the monitor. I use same benQ.

Soldato

No, I didn't have any issue with turning my monitor on and off with the Adrenalin drivers.

Caporegime
I can give this a test tonight, I'll leave my PC on over night and turn off the monitor. I use same benQ.

Thanks, its bloody annoying, as ive been doing it that long now, im forgetting to leave it on now, so im having to hard restart all the time :D

No, I didn't have any issue with turning my monitor on and off with the Adrenalin drivers.

EDIT: Seems it could be hit and miss, as i just forgot again there, and switched the bugger off :D, but luckily, it came straight back on :p

Time for a 'DO NOT SWITCH OFF' Post-It note i reckon :D

Last edited:
Soldato
:D

or i could put one over the button, saying NO!!! :p

Run DDU and go back to 17.11.1. Bet you don't have any monitor issues if you do.

I just tried the Adrenalin drivers again and they are so buggy. Can't run 3D mark without crashing. Lower performance, crashes in games whenever I try to change settings. But, on 17.11.1 everything is rock solid.

Associate
Tried these again and still no luck, big perf drop in Superposition and PUBG test server still, though weirdly Valley seemed fine.
Not really tested much else as don't have the time to play around and mainly playing PUBG at the moment.
Oddly though, when testing the card seemed to report slightly higher clocks and lower temps than normal. :confused:

So back to 17.11.4 again for me, which have been fine apart from rare random black/grey screens when watching youtube/twitch. :/

Caporegime
Run DDU and go back to 17.11.1. Bet you don't have any monitor issues if you do.

I just tried the Adrenalin drivers again and they are so buggy. Can't run 3D mark without crashing. Lower performance, crashes in games whenever I try to change settings. But, on 17.11.1 everything is rock solid.

I had no probs with my previous driver, the 17.11.2s.

Associate
i was frustrated the monitoring wouldnt display inside the game i was playing and it eneded up being because i was playing on windowed fullscreen mode. i play all my games in that mode.

Permabanned
Is anyone else with Polaris having issues with Adrenalin's stability? I've had several Radeon software crashes when I've tried to turn the screen display data on in a few different games, I've just done a ddu and driver refit to try again.

Permabanned
i was frustrated the monitoring wouldnt display inside the game i was playing and it eneded up being because i was playing on windowed fullscreen mode. i play all my games in that mode.

I wonder if that's my issue, I tend to put games in fullscreen usually but it's highly likely some may be windowed as I don't pay that much attention to it. Was the software crashing for you too?

Caporegime
Is anyone else with Polaris having issues with Adrenalin's stability? I've had several Radeon software crashes when I've tried to turn the screen display data on in a few different games, I've just done a ddu and driver refit to try again.

I get that too with Vega....obviously another driver bug :rolleyes:

I was getting the crashes also, another reason i went back to RTSS for displaying them, it just seems hit and miss.

Back
Top Bottom