• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
That's unfortunate, we've got a ticket open so we are looking at this issue.

Glad a ticket is open, is this something they where able to replicate? If you need anything let me know.

Not sure if this makes any difference but on W10 there is a java version (which I am using) and then another version off the W10 store.

Soldato
AMD Raven Ridge APUs To Get Only 4 Graphics Driver Updates Per Year – Bristol Ridge Support Being Dropped From 1st Gen AM4 Motherboards

https://wccftech.com/amd-raven-ridge-apu-graphics-driver-quarterly-update-bristol-ridge-support-am4/

So this means we are only expected another 3 driver updates for the rest of the year, with one them them being this month.

So when new games come out we may have to wait upto 3 months for a fix depending on the release of the game and the next apu driver update. One of my issues is with minecraft (stated above) and 1 of the main reasons I got this system was so my son can play this but with random green screens it's a pain so where do we stand with the hardware? unfair making people wait three months for a fix and that's even if the driver fixes the issue and if it doesn't then it means another 3 month wait? So surely the hardware is not fit for purpose if I can't play the intended games because of the lack of driver support?

Associate
Glad a ticket is open, is this something they where able to replicate? If you need anything let me know.

Not sure if this makes any difference but on W10 there is a java version (which I am using) and then another version off the W10 store.

Try bumping the SOC voltage to 1.2v and test it. ATTENTION, DO NO KEEP THIS VOLTAGE! CHANGE IT JUST FOR TESTS!

Associate
Its a 2200g igpu driver issue. I can put in a A6-9500 which has Rx 5 igpu and works fine without any changes.

A6-9500 is a completely different architecture than the new apu. I was getting the same issue and to fix it, had to increase the soc voltage (the voltage for iGPU will be the same as SOC). To keep stable my 2400G + 3200Mhz RAMs, i had to use 1.1125v on SOC (without any overclock on CPU or iGPU).

Soldato
A6-9500 is a completely different architecture than the new apu. I was getting the same issue and to fix it, had to increase the soc voltage (the voltage for iGPU will be the same as SOC). To keep stable my 2400G + 3200Mhz RAMs, i had to use 1.1125v on SOC (without any overclock on CPU or iGPU).

Ok, thanks. Do you know the setting name or the location? I have a BA350M Gaming 3 motherboard

Soldato
I think on Gigabyte mobos is: M.I.T > Advanced Voltage Settings

You can also do it using Ryzen Master. Keep SOC and iGPU voltage the same for the tests...
Right, had a look and six is set to auto. When I try and change it by typing the numbers it goes back to auto again.

Looking at this volts VCORE SOC is currently sitting on 1.2748v is this the same thing? This matches CPU VCORE as well on the same screen

Associate
Right, had a look and six is set to auto. When I try and change it by typing the numbers it goes back to auto again.

Looking at this volts VCORE SOC is currently sitting on 1.2748v is this the same thing? This matches CPU VCORE as well on the same screen

What do you mean with "six is set to auto"? Your bios are different from mine (ASUS). May be use ryzen master instead bios? Also you can see all the voltages with aida64 or hwinfo.

Soldato
What do you mean with "six is set to auto"? Your bios are different from mine (ASUS). May be use ryzen master instead bios? Also you can see all the voltages with aida64 or hwinfo.
That was meant to say it's, bloody auto correct on my phone lol.

I'll have a look st hwinfo and see what it says as looking in the bios it's already set to 1.2

Soldato
Still on 17.11.4 and wont be bothering with any of these drivers until i see the word 'DayZ' in the release notes.

None of these Adrenalin drivers run well for me anyways.. but i'm thinking about switching to a Ryzen 2700x soon so maybe they will work fine with a fresh Win 10 install, will be glad to dump Intel after the performance i keep losing with all the patches and BIOS updates.

Just seen this video for Dayz uploaded today and I thought about yourself right away. I know you keep asking for AMD driver for Dayz but the fact is Dayz is just a mess even after all these years of trying to get the game performance up to standards it still has stutter. Dont get me wrong its night and day vs the old school Dayz

Here is a i7 8700k and GTX 1080Ti stuttering, This isn't AMD or Nvidia to fix its the devs, so if I was you just update the drivers and quit waiting for Dayz man that game clearly still needs work and is still in Early access.
Click like for direct time
https://youtu.be/I8N8eDkPiDA?t=99

Soldato
@AMDMatt

At 1:15 the author testing Forza 7 calls it stalling. To me it's pausing/hitching not sure of the technical term but it's very real. It happens on my fury card as well multiple times while racing. Can this be fixed?

All Settings Max with 2xAA at 2160 resolution capped at 60 FPS no vsync.
Although come to think of it the pausing seems to happen when I disabled vsync. Not vsync would play a role vs just capping fps in smoothness.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if pCars 2 performance for fury/580 allows for at least 60FPS with IQ settings at ultra?
I ask because with pCars it took a while before the fury could run the game well (funny because graphically pCars looks better then pCars 2).
Now with pCars 2 out, pCars runs fine (still not as good as Forza 7 though).

Soldato
Just seen this video for Dayz uploaded today and I thought about yourself right away. I know you keep asking for AMD driver for Dayz but the fact is Dayz is just a mess even after all these years of trying to get the game performance up to standards it still has stutter. Dont get me wrong its night and day vs the old school Dayz

Here is a i7 8700k and GTX 1080Ti stuttering, This isn't AMD or Nvidia to fix its the devs, so if I was you just update the drivers and quit waiting for Dayz man that game clearly still needs work and is still in Early access.
Click like for direct time
https://youtu.be/I8N8eDkPiDA?t=99

Yep, it's the engine and it never ran very well. Arma 2 is the same.

Associate
Minor irritation that I've had for a while over various versions, whenever I launch Radeon Settings via right click on desktop it launches minimized and I have to click it in the taskbar to bring it to the front. Launches normally form tray icon. Anyone have any idea why this is?

Back
Top Bottom