1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AMD Driver Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LtMatt, Dec 18, 2014.

1. shankly1985

Capodecina

DirectX 11 or 12 ? mate

2. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Both.

Rolled back to 19.1.2 and it's perfect, as smooth as you'd normally expect.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  3. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

I thought 19.1.2 was the beta driver and 19.1.1 is the latest release ?

on another note, How do you get your profile in wattman to load with windows?
    i go into game and my fan goes full wack (well seems to as its so loud) have to load profile everytime
    Thanks

4. YB2ndBEST

Hitman

I have a few hours in it on the 19.2.1 driver for it... runs great so far. I'll report back if that changes.

5. Phixsator

Mobster

Can only verify what @YB2ndBEST is saying. Im getting stellar performance using DX12 in Div2 on my vega 64. Frame latency is spot on 99,9% of the time and fps is high. This is the case for driver 19.1.1 and 19.2.1. Sadly of course this doesnt help you much @TonyTurbo78.

If its any help im running:
    Windows 10 home 1809 with EmptyStandbyList fix applied
    16gb 3200mhz DDR3 16-18-18
    Ryzen 2600 @ 4,0ghz
    Radeon driver 19.2.1(or 19.1.1 both works fine for me)
    Sapphire Nitro+ vega 64 undervolted (P6=1000mv, p7=1025mv, HBM=900mv, clocks untouched)

6. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

hmmm strange. Maybe it was just a dodgy installation of the 19.2.1 then. Nexus, who I was playing with last night, had no issues with his Vega56 using the 19.2.1 driver also. Not sure if I should try the 19.2.1 again as the 19.1.2 is now working perfectly for me, it's buttery smooth around 90fps 1440p mix of ultra and high. There are areas where it drops to 60 odd, but it's a Beta after all and the world is pretty graphically intensive in places.

My curious side wants to install the 19.2.1 again and see what happens. Might do a small video showing it if the problem is back.

EDIT* OK, so this is interesting. Reinstalled the 19.2.1 again core and memory drops to 500mhz is back again, frame tank every time. Tried 3dmark and the same thing. Tried other games - same result, core and memory drops in everything using the latest driver. It's just not liking this one on my system. Not sure what it could be.

Watching the red lights on the card during a 3dmark run, every 5 seconds the activity lights drop to 1 light then back to maximum. These are the exact same settings I've used on every other driver version. The same thing is happening on the default balanced and turbo profiles so I know its not my custom overclock causing it. I turned off the overlays and anything that is known to have caused issues with others over the years but still getting the core and mem drops every 5 seconds.

Weird

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  7. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Yup :p

8. nashathedog

Sgarrista

nvm

9. mortals

Mobster

19.2.1 ignoring fan curve?

Installed 19.2.1 to try last night (really only because of Apex Legends)

Started the game & it crashed after a few mins
    Tried again and crashed to desktop again after landing & killing someone

So I thought I'd look at monitoring tools to check temperatures, the gpu was hitting 75C but the fanspeed was only 1131rpm. :eek:

I then set a custom fan curve in wattman but when in any games the fanspeed doesn't change from 1131rpm.
    I can set the min speed in wattman and it changes ok so not really sure what is going on.

**edit**
    Just did a clean install of 19.2.1 resetting everything & started again which seems to have fixed it :)
    Still not sure what the bug/problem was

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  10. Dicehunter

Capodecina

On Radeon 7 I'm getting system lock ups randomly only in The Division 2 Beta, Played a fair few hours Destiny 2, The Division 1 and Resident Evil 2, No issues, I think it's a general bug with The Division 2 Beta and considering AMD are partnered with Ubisoft on it I imagine it will get ironed out.

11. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

see my post and edit in the above post (a few back). The issue is the 19.2.1 driver on my system. Upon testing 5 or 6 games plus 3dmark and other benchmarks, the core/memory drops and fps tanks are appearing right across the board. I uninstalled and reinstalled after DDU removals, 3 or 4 times but nothing solved the issue. Rolled back to the 19.1.2 driver and all is smooth, even Division 2.

12. Dicehunter

Capodecina

Another bug with the Radeon 7 driver, Wolfenstein 2 locks up only a few minutes in and also a weird bug with ReLive, Most videos only seem to record up to around 45FPS and some a fair bit lower even though ingame FPS is 100+.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  13. iamcll

Associate

Ok anyone else getting massive thermal thottling with the vega 64 55c-70c since the ****** new 2019 drivers showed up. ?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  14. shankly1985

Capodecina

Nope my reference 64 is the same as before the new drivers. I do have a custom profile though.

15. Martini1991

Caporegime

On the none optional drivers I'm back to my happy sell.
    The fan control's still crap though.

16. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

17. LtMatt

Caporegime

18. shankly1985

Capodecina

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-2-2
    Support For

• AMD Radeon VII
    • Far Cry New Dawn
    • Metro Exodus
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm
    • Crackdown 3 Up to 5% performance gains with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.2 on a Radeon™ RX 590
    Fixed Issues
    • Using the Alt+Tab shortcut out of a fullscreen application or game may be slow or take longer than expected when using a display connected by DisplayPort.
    • Apply and Discard buttons may not appear in some areas of Radeon Overlay under the Radeon WattMan overclocking tab.
    • Radeon WattMan may fail to apply memory clock changes on AMD Radeon VII.
    • AMD Radeon VII may intermittently experience a system hang when attempting to perform a timeout detection and recovery on Windows®7 system configurations.
    • Radeon WattMan may display the incorrect max fan/temperature values for AMD Radeon VII.
    • Radeon WattMan may experience issues with changed values failing to save or load when multiple changes are applied at once.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience intermittent system stability issues on some X399 motherboards.
    • Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds may intermittently experience an application crash when changing postprocessing settings.
    • Radeon Settings may experience an application hang when loading the performance histogram in a game profile through game manager.
    • Update Notifications may sometimes incorrectly list the currently installed driver as an available upgrade.
    • Apex Legends™ may intermittently experience line corruption on AMD Radeon VII.
    Known Issues
    • Using the Alt+Tab shortcut out of a fullscreen application or game may be slow or take longer than expected when using a display connected by DisplayPort.
    • Apply and Discard buttons may not appear in some areas of Radeon Overlay under the Radeon WattMan overclocking tab.
    • Radeon WattMan may fail to apply memory clock changes on AMD Radeon VII.
    • AMD Radeon VII may intermittently experience a system hang when attempting to perform a timeout detection and recovery on Windows®7 system configurations.
    • Radeon WattMan may display the incorrect max fan/temperature values for AMD Radeon VII.
    • Radeon WattMan may experience issues with changed values failing to save or load when multiple changes are applied at once.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience intermittent system stability issues on some X399 motherboards.
    • Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds may intermittently experience an application crash when changing post-processing settings.
    • Radeon Settings may experience an application hang when loading the performance histogram in a game profile through game manager.
    • Update Notifications may sometimes incorrectly list the currently installed driver as an available upgrade.
    • Apex Legends™ may intermittently experience line corruption on AMD Radeon VII.

19. DragonQ

Soldato

Well I hope all those issues are fixed rather than known...

20. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

Good good, a lot of fixes there :cool: