• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate

No probs bud :)

Have they fixed wattman ignoring the zero rpm fan setting yet?

Not for me on these latest drivers, but as i said in the Vega 56 Owners thread..

Btw guys if you have issues with Zero RPM not working, just go to Global Wattman, hit 'reset' then 'apply'.. then load your profile again for Zero RPM to kick in :)

Soldato
Well ReLive is still not recording in 60FPS at 3440x1440, 1080P and 4K are fine and record at 60FPS but 3440x1440 seems to be borked, I tried a paid recorder called Action by Mirillis and it records 3440x1440 at 60FPS no problem.

AMD ReLive

TVpkATs.png

Action by Mirillis

yeYQKH1.png

I've tried various bit rates as well as trying out HEVC within ReLive but nothing seems to work, Guess I've gotta wait for another driver :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Meh.

After the issues I was having with the 19.2.1 driver regarding my core and memory dropping to the floor every 5 or so seconds, I decided to try the new 19.2.2. Exactly the same again, every 3d application my core and memory just tanks, the lights on the GPU drop right the way to show only 1 lit then it bounces back up to all lit again. I've just updated my chipset drivers, flashed my motherboard bios to latest but still the same issue. Now the thing is, going back to any driver pre 19.2.x everything is absolutely fine. What the hell can the issue be guys? There's got to be something in these new drivers that different to previous. @LtMatt please any idea, it's driving me insane this one. I want to update the driver for the newer titles but can't install these latest due to the issues I'm getting.

Caporegime
OP
Meh.

After the issues I was having with the 19.2.1 driver regarding my core and memory dropping to the floor every 5 or so seconds, I decided to try the new 19.2.2. Exactly the same again, every 3d application my core and memory just tanks, the lights on the GPU drop right the way to show only 1 lit then it bounces back up to all lit again. I've just updated my chipset drivers, flashed my motherboard bios to latest but still the same issue. Now going back to any driver pre 19.2.x everything is absolutely fine. What the hell can the issue be guys? @LtMatt please any idea, it's driving me insane this one. I want to update the driver for the newer titles but can't install these latest due to the issues I'm getting.
Which GPU Tony?

Am using Radeon VII and Vega 64 on 19.2.2 and don't see those issues.

Soldato
Which GPU Tony?

Am using Radeon VII and Vega 64 on 19.2.2 and don't see those issues.

no, I cant see anyone else getting these issues anywhere so it's specific to my setup it would appear.

Vega 64 Matt, the card I've always had. Everything just tanks every 5 seconds or so, core/memory/voltage which obviously results in huge FPS tank and horrendous slowdown. I just can't figure out why it only happening on the last two drivers. I've rolled back to 19.1.2 again and it's fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
@TonyTurbo78
This is what I was getting that time when you was helping me find good clock speeds.

Yeah its weird, trouble is, it's nothing to do with clock speeds Shanks mate. Even using Power Saver/ balanced/Turbo or even custom, results in the same issue. Why all of a sudden is it only doing it on the 19.2.1/19.2.2 driver though? Was fine on every driver before these. I rolled back again to 19.1.2 and it's absolutely fine, flying along at 1750/1100 with no stutter or clock drops anywhere.

Associate
Clocks tanking only happens to me when i enable Chill.. thats why i never use it.. i just want them to stay at the overclock i put them at but seems like Vega wont do that on the core but memory is ok if i set State 3 as Minimum State. Have you tried setting Minimum States @TonyTurbo78 ?

Soldato
Clocks tanking only happens to me when i enable Chill.. thats why i never use it.. i just want them to stay at the overclock i put them at but seems like Vega wont do that on the core but memory is ok if i set State 3 as Minimum State. Have you tried setting Minimum States @TonyTurbo78 ?

Never once used ichill Brains. I've tried lots of different clocks speeds and states mate, it does it regardless of my wattman settings. How do I got about setting state3 as minimum just to test it? I take it you just mean clicking state 3 in Wattman so it gives you the option of setting as minimum state?

Soldato
Yeah its weird, trouble is, it's nothing to do with clock speeds Shanks mate. Even using Power Saver/ balanced/Turbo or even custom, results in the same issue. Why all of a sudden is it only doing it on the 19.2.1/19.2.2 driver though? Was fine on every driver before these. I rolled back again to 19.1.2 and it's absolutely fine, flying along at 1750/1100 with no stutter or clock drops anywhere.

Very strange indeed. Am afraid I can't help you here has I don't over clock my GPU that far.

Back
Top Bottom