• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
How you playing it already Matt, I can't seem to play it until Friday?

VPN gate, gives you a Korean IP. Once you've got into Battlelog disconnect the VPN and you can play normally.

Normally I'd just wait, but curiosity and Mantle got the better of me. The Frostbite engine runs so much better on Mantle than alternative solutions that i couldn't wait. :p

He's Bil Gates illegitimate son and gets all the goodies early :(.

:D

Associate
VPN gate, gives you a Korean IP. Once you've got into Battlelog disconnect the VPN and you can play normally.

Normally I'd just wait, but curiosity and Mantle got the better of me. The Frostbite engine runs so much better on Mantle than alternative solutions that i couldn't wait. :p

:D

I'll take a leaf outta your book, cheers!

Associate
If that does not work, try a combination of Vsync and or an FPS cap. I found these can smooth things out if the game is not running well.

GameTime.MaxVariableFPS 60

Or whatever FPS cap you want. Place in a User.Cfg file or type into the console.
Hi MAtt yeah thats what i do i cap 100 as i have 120hz monitor with a mixture of high settings in my user.cfg file. Just trie dthe Punkbuster update by manually updating game and pointing PB to the exe and trying the older beta driver but still constant microstutter:(
Like i say BFH Single is fine the yellow CPU line is flat and on BF4 MP but on BFH its just up and down.I have an i73930k @4.2ghz if that's any help.
THanks for the advice though:)

Caporegime
OP
Hi MAtt yeah thats what i do i cap 100 as i have 120hz monitor with a mixture of high settings in my user.cfg file. Just trie dthe Punkbuster update by manually updating game and pointing PB to the exe and trying the older beta driver but still constant microstutter:(
Like i say BFH Single is fine the yellow CPU line is flat and on BF4 MP but on BFH its just up and down.
THanks for the advice though:)

Could be a server issue then maybe. What was the server size, as i noticed some weird lag on a 64 man server.

Caporegime
If that does not work, try a combination of Vsync and or an FPS cap. I found these can smooth things out if the game is not running well.

GameTime.MaxVariableFPS 60

Or whatever FPS cap you want. Place in a User.Cfg file or type into the console.

I use an FPS cap via Rivatuner, find it works really well for me (at 59fps) :cool:

S_D

S_D

Associate
FAO AMDMatt!

Hi! Do you have the chance to feedback into the driver team at AMD?

Only reason I ask is for Prepar3d v2. As you alluded to in this thread, you don't know what it is, BUT, this is important :)

So, Microsoft stopped making FSX and disbanded the 'ACES' team responsible for it's development. However, Lockheed Martin picked up the mantle (so to speak) and are developing it, and have done for the last couple of years. It gets update approximately quarterly, and is now running under DirectX 11...

So, here is the point of my post...

Under FSX and previous FS versions nVidia was the card of choice as ATI cards had problems with the clouds etc. Now it's on DirectX11 I'd say that actually AMD cards are coming close to parity with nVidia cards in Prepar3d. However, it seems that the flight sim community still think that nVidia are the 'ones' to have. They have made multiple requests to nVidia to get a software driver profile working for it, and also an SLI profile, but nVidia have been pretty silent on it all, apart from the communication that they've had directly with Lockheed Martin, suggesting that something is coming, soon, at some point.

Could you please feed back to the AMD driver team to get 'proper' driver support for Prepar3d v2? Perhaps reaching out to Beau (a dev who can be found on the www.prepar3d.com forums) would be a good place to start. There is a whole community of thousands of flight simmers across the world who are begging for decent driver support in Prepar3d, and to be honest I'm one of them with my R9 290X Tri-X OC :) If AMD could upstage nVidia in this I'm sure you'd get legions of simmers swapping allegiance when they realise that AMD are supporting them properly! It's good business sense ;)

Thanks!

Simon

Back
Top Bottom