• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

@LtMatt Hi, I'm trying to get a fix or tweak to solve an issue related to the Radeon software automaticaly scanning and making individual games profiles on installation. Can you have a read see what you think & if possible bounce it up to the right people, it'd be simple enough to fix once the right people are on it, it's getting it there that's the hard bit, Cheers.

mpEJDZXh.png

Hi, I'm reporting an issue mentioned in a previous report, The original report was regarding how the Wattman Software freezes up when navigating past the page that holds all the individual game profiles in Wattman,
At the time I suggested making it so the games profiles aren't scanned for automatically when installing the Radeon software package, that or giving us a delete all profiles option,
On the next driver update things were improved as there's no longer a delay when navigating past the individual games profiles page,
However it's only a quick fix as games are still automatically scanned for when installing the Radeon software,
I've uploaded a screenshot of what I'm dealing with & not only is removing individual game profiles a long & tedious job as it has to be done one by one but more often than not the Radeon software crashes during each deletion, presumably due to the overall number of games,
Can we have the option to choose whether it scans for games or even better have a delete all profiles button alongside the refresh button, Cheers. https://imgur.com/mpEJDZX I've uploaded a picture of my games profile page uploaded to Imgur so you can see how bad it can get when we have no control of the scanning proccess.

Anyone else find that HBCC doesn't really work. My understanding is that it allows your RAM to be used as VRAM when you exceed your gpu VRAM without the performance hit. Now if I enabled HBCC and my VRAM exceeds 8gb my PC crashes

it seems that windows tried to update my amd drivers to the latest.
unfortunately when installing it the screen went black and no matter what i if i try older drivers, newer drivers or even install windows again (in a different hard driver) it still goes black (yes i have tried using ddu and amd cleaner)
the only thing that works is the microsoft basic display adapter

according to my google fu my card has seemed to die:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6820q7/amd_gpu_black_screen_crash_issue/
https://community.amd.com/thread/237327
https://community.amd.com/thread/235926
https://community.amd.com/thread/234715

current specs:
msi hd7850 2gb
fx 6300
asus m5a97 evo r2.0
8gb patriot ddr3 ram
seasonic 550w (cant remember from the top of my head) non modular psu

is there anything else i havent considered yet?
would the rx580 4gb be better than an rx570 8gb?
i know my cpu will bottleneck either of the cards buy i am due an upgrade anyway so now just waiting for the third gen ryzen

Hi all, I'm running a 3440x1440 monitor and have been uploading some video's, I'm using Radeon Relive to do recordings and I thought I'd spruce them up a little with a template intro (nothing fancy), I'm struggling to do it though as it seems a lot of the software doesn't properly support the resolution so what does?

As an example I did a video with an intro template yesterday and after adding it & waiting for it to render the video I viewed it to find it was letterboxed in the same way my video's are when I record them with Relive without gpu scaling on.

I was using CyberLink Action Director 2 & finding tutorials is hard enough but I couldn't find any tutorials dealing with Ultrawide resolutions, When you set it up to render it only has 4:3 & 16:9 resolutions, I'm all but illiterate with things like this as the closest thing to a PC when I was a kid was a BBC computer at school and a Commodore Vic20 at home so while it may seem simple to some it isn't something I was ever taught as a child so any help be it what software to use or tips for doing it with CyberLink Action Director 2 would be a big help.

it seems that windows tried to update my amd drivers to the latest.
unfortunately when installing it the screen went black and no matter what i if i try older drivers, newer drivers or even install windows again (in a different hard driver) it still goes black (yes i have tried using ddu and amd cleaner)
the only thing that works is the microsoft basic display adapter

<...>

is there anything else i havent considered yet?
would the rx580 4gb be better than an rx570 8gb?
i know my cpu will bottleneck either of the cards buy i am due an upgrade anyway so now just waiting for the third gen ryzen

Hey, does your 7850 output video in pre-OS environment (during boot/in BIOS)? or it does not work period?

rx580 is overall faster, and memory mostly comes in useful when playing on larger resolutions using higher level texture details, which is where rx570 with 8GB might pull ahead. it's a close one, and it all depends on how soon you'd be looking to upgrade the gpu afterwards and how much you'd be able to get either of them for (overall i'd say rx570 8gb would provide more longevity than rx580 4gb). Hope this helps.

I'm also getting random video TDR errors with my new RX580, It was working fine when I first got it a few weeks ago, but have experienced it with several of the new drivers recently, usually soon after booting into Windows. The screen artefacts before recovering, with a message that Wattman has reverted to default settings. Very occasionally, it is accompanied by a blue screen. It can go days without happening.

seems like one of the 19.3 drivers broke the voltage for my undervolted Vega 64. Core voltage seems to be stuck between 1050mv and 1100mv regardless of what I set in Wattman, overdriventool, registry table etc.

Yes I have a feeling it has something to do with my monitor. Oddly when I plug it in via HDMI 2.0 the voltage gets stuck between 1050 and 1100mv. When I plug it in via displayport it gets stuck between 900mv and 1050mv.

Yes I have a feeling it has something to do with my monitor. Oddly when I plug it in via HDMI 2.0 the voltage gets stuck between 1050 and 1100mv. When I plug it in via displayport it gets stuck between 900mv and 1050mv.

That's very interesting.
My TV's HDMI 2.0 and that's what I use and as soon as it goes to that it gets stuck.

Literally I can use Windows + P and as soon as it goes to the HDMI 2.0 TV it's 1050mv, switch it back and it's at what I set it to.
@LtMatt

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.1 Released

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.1 Highlights
Fixed Issues

• AMD Radeon VII and Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience system instability, or an intermittent system hang when three or more displays are connected and enabled at the same time.
  • World of Warcraft™ patch 8.1.5 or later may experience an intermittent crash or application hang when MSAA is enabled.
  • Mouse cursors may disappear or move out of the boundary of the top of a display on AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics.
  • Radeon WattMan auto overclock may fail to raise engine clocks past default levels on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • Vari-Bright changes may fail to apply on some AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics system configurations.
  • World of Tanks™ may experience intermittent graphical corruption when game settings are set to minimum on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
Known Issues
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
  • Netflix™ Windows® Store application may experience display flicker during video playback on some HDR enabled displays.
  • Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
  • Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

I presume this is driver related so anyway. I received my new rig from Overclockers yesterday. Ryzen 7 2700 with a Sapphire Vega 56. I have had endless problems with my computer since receiving it. Within 5 minutes of trying a game (The Division 2) the machine shut itself down. The notification I got was 'Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure'. I have had this exact message numerous times since. It can happen 10 minutes after starting a game or it can be 60 minutes later. It happens in different games as well. On two occasions it has also just hung with my monitor saying there is no signal. I also get the 'unexpected system failure' notification everytime the machine restarts. I do not specifically use WattMan and have neither overclocked or undervolted. I have now tried three different drivers and used DDU to try and completely uninstall everything Radeon related. Even after trying and reinstalling that I have had one further issue since this morning. I googled the Wattman notification and spent a few hours reading through many, many examples of this happening to a wide ranged of AMD cards on a multitude of forums. Any idea of what I can do?

I presume this is driver related so anyway. I received my new rig from Overclockers yesterday. Ryzen 7 2700 with a Sapphire Vega 56. I have had endless problems with my computer since receiving it. Within 5 minutes of trying a game (The Division 2) the machine shut itself down. The notification I got was 'Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure'. I have had this exact message numerous times since. It can happen 10 minutes after starting a game or it can be 60 minutes later. It happens in different games as well. On two occasions it has also just hung with my monitor saying there is no signal. I also get the 'unexpected system failure' notification everytime the machine restarts. I do not specifically use WattMan and have neither overclocked or undervolted. I have now tried three different drivers and used DDU to try and completely uninstall everything Radeon related. Even after trying and reinstalling that I have had one further issue since this morning. I googled the Wattman notification and spent a few hours reading through many, many examples of this happening to a wide ranged of AMD cards on a multitude of forums. Any idea of what I can do?
You're finding lots of threads because it's a generic error when the graphics driver crashes. If you have used DDU properly, the fan is spinning up on the GPU under load, and the PSU is definitely powerful enough (check rail distribution), return the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom