• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Hi guys, have had a weird issue where amd driver crashes on Win10 shutdown when on "Computer is shutting down" blue screen (failed to initialise memory error message, haven't got a pic unfortunately as obv can't get a screenshot). Updated to the new 19.3.2 Optional version with no luck; clean-reinstalled with DDU to both 19.1.1 and then back to 19.3.2 with no luck. GPU's never been overclocked/undervolted/etc, just had a custom (more aggressive) fan profile set in Wattman - which is the whole reason of me posting this as the custom profile keeps resetting to default after each driver crash :) any help would be appreciated!

Caporegime
Footnotes
  • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of March 12, 2019 8GB Radeon™ VII, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700K CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4 memory, and Windows 10x64PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. While running Sid Meier's Civilization 6 on Ultra presets at 4k (3840 x 2160 pixels) Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2 scored 75.7 FPS, while Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 scored 72.7 FPS. Therefore, in the above comparison, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2 shows 4% greater performance, in Sid Meier's Civilization 6. All scores are an average of 3 runs with the same settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-288

:D

Associate
As Matt said, just stick with the original bios, it's actually better than the LC bios anyway (for me it is)

As I said already, I can not confirm it runs better on stock bios, but I can confirm the opposite. And I wasnt the only one in this thread. I asked particular about the new driver 19.3.2 in combination to LC BIOS.

Permabanned
An oddity I've noticed,

I decided to use the Dirt Rally 2.0 benchmark to test temps etc. I did so using Relive to record & show on screen data, The benchmark isn't in the ingame menu like the originals so to do several runs back to back you have to go in and out of the game between stages, I did 3 stages which took a little over 11 minutes to record, On the first run everything was fine but I noticed that when it went to the dektop the fps disappered from the Relive OSD & when I went back ingame for the second stage it not only did it not reappear it also added horrendous stutter, If i turned the OSD off it was smooth but after turning it back on nothing had changed, it still had no fps counter and bd stutter, through the rest of the recording of stage 2 to desktop to stage 3 I tested the OSD many times but it stayed the same, introducing bad stutter while lacking the fps counter. It's repeatable with Dirt Rally 2 but I haven't tested with any other games yet, I thought I'd mention it even though the circumstances under which it happens are incredibly rare.

EDIT: For some reason the AMD report form link I've kept safe for whenever it's needed no longer takes me to the report form & so far I've been unable to work out how to get to the report form.

@LtMatt The same goes for your report form link in the opening post, It now goes to this page instead,

14DjJ0Xh.png.jpg

EDIT: It's working again. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm having better results with original BIOS too, everything is running smoothly. Anyway, that's the way it should be!

for now, all I really want is to Ubisoft FIX R6Siege glitch with Vega cards, its been more than a month now and they **** it up with a 50mb update.
It seems they put the blame on AMD after a month without a fix

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2
Known Issues
  • Rainbow Six Siege™ may experience intermittent corruption or flickering on some game textures during gameplay.

Soldato
Got a bit of a problem, I'm trying to get a custom resolution to work within the drivers, I run a 3440x1440 screen but just for performance metric testing I want to run certain games at 4K but keep running into the problem of "this display doesn't support this resolution." Anyone around it ?

Caporegime
19.3.2s are complete cack for me, put em on, as playing Metro Exodus, as thought they might help the stuttering (its a common problem), as was still on the 18.10.1s, but all they did was make it worse, not long after id fired it up, and started running about, my fps plummeted to about 5/6fps, was a bloody slideshow, so back on the 18.10.1s now, and will just play with the stuttering, until they sort it with a patch, or if they do. :p

Permabanned
Got a bit of a problem, I'm trying to get a custom resolution to work within the drivers, I run a 3440x1440 screen but just for performance metric testing I want to run certain games at 4K but keep running into the problem of "this display doesn't support this resolution." Anyone around it ?

:confused: 4K is 3840x2160. How do you expect it to work on the 3440x1440 panel?

Back
Top Bottom