• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Not too happy with my 5700XT so far, keep getting major FPS drops for split second in games like Apex and Overwatch (eg it will go from 120 to 60). Incredibly annoying. All crap like chill, freesync, all disabled. Temps are relatively OK.

Same here. A stuttering mess tbh.
1080ti/1070 doesn't have this issue.
New drivers didnt change a thing.
Frame times are all over the place. As is the clock speed. Nvidia can hold boost clocks stable. Not this card.

Associate
Since I had my card had nothing but trouble just spoke to ocuk and am taking back tomorrow. Dont know if to get it replaced or have something different?

I've decided I'm sending back mine as well, it's a mess. Updated to new driver today but it's the same. Think I'll just have to accept the £100 premium for the 2070S, I know we can be tough on Nvidia but their drivers are so much better.

Also have an issue where after playing any game, Radeon settings don't work. Was the same with previous driver.

Associate
I just used my backup RX570 and GTX1060, both working perfectly, I also tried PSU change, RAM change - everything possible to rule out the 5700XT just to be certain about it, but it's 100% the card. Already bought a 2070S, returning the 5700XT.

Associate
I did for specifically that reason - Palit Super Jetstream, said they had 10+ in stock when I ordered...would've rathered a cheaper one, but all out of stock, and the Inno3D X2 in stock for 475 doesn't seem great.

Permabanned
Not too happy with my 5700XT so far, keep getting major FPS drops for split second in games like Apex and Overwatch (eg it will go from 120 to 60). Incredibly annoying. All crap like chill, freesync, all disabled. Temps are relatively OK.

Same here. A stuttering mess tbh.
1080ti/1070 doesn't have this issue.
New drivers didnt change a thing.
Frame times are all over the place. As is the clock speed. Nvidia can hold boost clocks stable. Not this card.

We all knew it would take a little while for AMD to get the drivers up to speed for Navi so it shouldn't be a surprise, Just make sure to put regular bug reports in to help speed up the process. https://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D23A3DE966

I've decided I'm sending back mine as well, it's a mess. Updated to new driver today but it's the same. Think I'll just have to accept the £100 premium for the 2070S, I know we can be tough on Nvidia but their drivers are so much better.

Also have an issue where after playing any game, Radeon settings don't work. Was the same with previous driver.

No they're not, AMD drivers have been just as good for a few years now, some would argue better. This is just teething problems with the new architecture.

Last edited:
Soldato
We all knew it would take a little while for AMD to get the drivers up to speed for Navi so it shouldn't be a surprise, Just make sure to put regular bug reports in to help speed up the process. https://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D23A3DE966

No there not, AMD drivers have been just as good for a few years now, some would argue better. This is just teething problems with the new architecture.

The web is plastered with these issues we are seeing. How these have gone unnoticed by their QA team baffles me.

Back
Top Bottom